Kubica in Bad Rally Crash

Couple of pics showing armco going through the car. How he survived this :amazed:

kubicafront.jpg

kubicarear.jpg

Also a link to news site showing a computer reconstruction of accident http://video.gazzetta.it/formula-1-...truzione/a4f358cc-339b-11e0-a4c7-50d5df2bfa64

There was an update on the radio and back of (believe it was the Sun) a newspaper a couple days ago saying that his operation has been a success and he is looking at a speedy recovery. :D All good for the lad. I just hope we see him back in F1 somethime this year.

I tell you what, every time he has a crash, he seems to have a big one. Can anyone rememver Canada 2007 (I think it was) where his legs were dangling out of the smashed up BMW? All that was left of the car was the safety frame and the seat. :amazed: That was a bad one.

Wow - reminds me of the days of Group B rallying. A salient reminder that motorsports can be dangerous.

Unfortunetly you only have to watch the motorbikes for that. I have seen some horrific crahses. Alton park can be quite a bad one. I used to go twice a year to watch the BSB. When I was living in Anglesey, would go up the local track and watch the Wirrel 500 club. There were a few bad ones there aswell. :(

BBJ did you see the Craig Jones crash at Brands the other year?
Was the supersport race. I watched it live an it was heart stopping.:eek:
I marshall Oulton Park and Anglesey every year although they aren't on the calender this year.:sad2:

BBJ did you see the Craig Jones crash at Brands the other year?
Was the supersport race. I watched it live an it was heart stopping.:eek:
I marshall Oulton Park and Anglesey every year although they aren't on the calender this year.:sad2:

Do you!! I was on the strate, exactly where Dean Ellison hit the bike that high sided comming out of the shicane before the straight landed. He flipped in the air and landed on his neck and slid right in front of me. I thought he was dead, he was ever so lucky to get away with a broken ankle.

Didn't see brands this year. - Tight arse woman wont pay for sky :(

Are you doing Olton this year. 2nd of May I think. If it ties into my mapping project then I'll be there. Me and me old man never used to miss a race. I was over the moon in 2003 when I saw David Jefferies. He died less then a month later :sad2: god rest his sole.

Do you!! I was on the strate, exactly where Dean Ellison hit the bike that high sided comming out of the shicane before the straight landed. He flipped in the air and landed on his neck and slid right in front of me. I thought he was dead, he was ever so lucky to get away with a broken ankle.

Didn't see brands this year. - Tight arse woman wont pay for sky :(

Are you doing Olton this year. 2nd of May I think. If it ties into my mapping project then I'll be there. Me and me old man never used to miss a race. I was over the moon in 2003 when I saw David Jefferies. He died less then a month later :sad2: god rest his sole.

Think we must be on about a different crash. Sadly Craig died shortly after in hospital. It was a few years ago now.
I marshall for British Historic Racing but Oulton and Anglesey aren't on the Calender this year.
I'll mostly be at Cadwell and Mallory Park this year.

Think we must be on about a different crash. Sadly Craig died shortly after in hospital. It was a few years ago now.
I marshall for British Historic Racing but Oulton and Anglesey aren't on the Calender this year.
I'll mostly be at Cadwell and Mallory Park this year.

Cadwell can be a bad one. Shane Burne had a bad high side down the long corner. Touched the white line at the side and his bike threw him off. He was lucky not to be badly injured.

When ever I see a vintage crash, my initial reaction is ''Crap, I hope he is ok'' shortly follwed by ''I hope the bike is ok!!'' Its a shame to see some people low side the old BSA's and Triumph's, see them scrape accross the ground before jumping ten foot in the air as they hit the sand. :sad2:

They should be in a museum.

Taking into account I don't know what you look like, then the account, I don't know what you ride, and the fact everyone is in a crash helmet with full leathers on, I feel this question could drag a bit! lol

Thought as much after I asked the Question. I got to page 9 and only saw one marshal, so I thought the minute pin head size person in an oringe suit was you!!! lol :D

Not the best photograph I have ever seen, although saying that, I have never seen your face, so It may be the best picture of you available!! :amazed::lol:

Its really bad hope they will recover as soon as possible. In this type of racing mostly accident is occur and the main reason is the speed of cars..