Torque Junkie
Car
nissan 200sx s14a
got some questions, bout these items,

oil catcher tank

1. what are the benefits of an oil catcher tank
2. can i install it easily myself
3. can i put it on my car being that i drive auto
4. does it change anything performance wise to my car ?

induction kit

1. wot will a universal induction kit do performance wise for my car (k & n style cone )
2.will my car run the same or better with it?
3. cos i drive auto will the car run differently?

also if i get an oil catcher tank should i get the induction kit at the same time cause ive seen some pics of people who tube it up to the induction kit and then to the oil breather pipe, if that makes sence, cause ive seen a pic of it joint from the engine oil breather then to the catcher tank and then to the side of the induction stainless steel pipe, is this right?

cheers josh, these are a bit of newby questions cos im not into the performance part of modding atm so just wondering but stilll plan to buy these items lol

Oil catch tank / can
it collects the oil from the engine ventilation system and stops it going into the intake and covering everything in oil.

pretty simple to install, cut the line that leads into the intake pipe.
no performance increase as such but stops the crud building up on the intake.

induction kit

performance naff all a would think

depends on whether or not your current air filter is clogged

not at all

yes you can install both

Going to pop over to Demon Tweeks sometime this week PG and have an oil catcher tank fitted onto the Beast! ;)

I assume it's simple yet important function is such, that a specific manufacturer of the tank is not really necessary? i.e. any make and model type will do? :)

a decent one. cheap ones will still allow the oil to get through.

have looked into it - herb has done it already and has the same engine as me - but its alot of work trying to redo all the PCV system. miight just wait until one of the pipes springs a leak

a decent one. cheap ones will still allow the oil to get through.

have looked into it - herb has done it already and has the same engine as me - but its alot of work trying to redo all the PCV system. miight just wait until one of the pipes springs a leak

:) I was going to buy an E-Tech Engineering universal oil catcher tank for £53.99 would this be any good PG? Not bothered about the money just want to get the right one first time. Thought about using Demons as I want the braided hoses and hose finishers to make it stand out a bit more :)

thats the oil catch can i looked at the e-tech one, as far as ive seeen there quite easy to install yourself, and from wot i read up i think i need one on my car cos i had loads of gunk in my pipes last time i looked , lol

Going to pop over to Demon Tweeks sometime this week PG and have an oil catcher tank fitted onto the Beast! ;)

I assume it's simple yet important function is such, that a specific manufacturer of the tank is not really necessary? i.e. any make and model type will do? :)

That's a journey and a half for you mate,
Isn't there someone more local who can do the job?

That's a journey and a half for you mate,
Isn't there someone more local who can do the job?

Hi Jarrus, yes there is someone local who can do the job, but my thinking is this! buy some steel braided hoses with hose finishers, adapters etc and order them online and run the risk of none of it fitting or you have forgotten some other special coupler or adapter :(

So I thought drive up there have them fit it and if anything is missing, they only have to walk into the showroom to get it ;)

Fair enough mate,

Was just saying because it is a little bit of a jount for me as well to be fair, wrexham is about 2 hours away for me.

2hrs:confused:
i did demon tweeks in just over an hour from darlo;)
just goes to show those oil burners are slow:p

Lol very funny :p

I guess it just seemed ages cause I went the long way round. I went on the A roads rather than the back roads.

iirc i went the m54 then a41 but this was quite a few years ago cause i was in my 205xs and i went and picked up suspension, a sparco petrol cap and a k&n filter
icon6.gif

Herb what are you like? :lol:

you've got to have a laugh aint ya:amuse: