Early Evo's future classic ? EVO III

thefeet

Wrench Pro
Car
bmw
Hi, im looking at getting an evo as using it as a sunday car and keeping it in prime condition. Im also wanting it to be a rare car so in 10 years time when some says - remeber these ? i can say yeah ive got one .

I was lokoing at an evo 1 but then it looks to plain for me. What you thinking about the 3 ? Niced meaty bumpers but still the early evo look.

I remeber reading an artical and it says the 3 is the rarest , so would i be best finding and keeping a 3 in prime condition rather than a 1?

With each sucessive Evo that came out they improved it. Early Evo's potentially suffer from "crank walk" so it is worth reading up on that before buying an older EVO (I'm not sure which year the problem was sorted by but I suspect even the III is still suffering from this weakspot.

Insurance is the big problem, and the older the better as far as insurance goes.

Surly the mitsubishi evo will be spoken about for years to come. I was just thinking to keep and bring out on dprcial occasions but if you dont thinkit will be a car that people will think, i wish i had one of thoses i might not bother. Was there not only 5000 evo 3's ever made?

Well they were only produced for a year but it doesn't really matter. Jap cars are particularily resistant to holding their value or appreciating like fast Fords (for example). They're just so passionless.

The only Jap cars that will achieve classic status imo are the ultra-rare and special editions such as the R34 V-Specs/Spec Nurs, Evo RS and MR's, NSX's and possibly UK Supras.

With each sucessive Evo that came out they improved it. Early Evo's potentially suffer from "crank walk" so it is worth reading up on that before buying an older EVO (I'm not sure which year the problem was sorted by but I suspect even the III is still suffering from this weakspot.

Insurance is the big problem, and the older the better as far as insurance goes.

Not 100% true. I could not get insured (for a good price) on any other Evo older than an 8. I put it down to the amount that have been sold to the amount rote off. As there is few Evo 8 drivers in my age cat, not many have been rote off and therefore cheeper. I could be wrong, and I know your the expert in this sort of thing Waynne.

Just to give you an example, an Evo 6 would have cost best part of £3000 to insure.

I was looking for a daft car for a year, and my only too options after many long hourse checking insurance was a Supra 3L twin and the Evo 8. No insurance complany would give me a sensible quote on anything ells that was in the insurance goupe 20 bracket.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back