Faux fur seat covers anyone

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you think about the faux fur seat covers? It would appear to be coming back with a vengence.

Last time I saw this was in the seats of a Ford Cortina with a "dave and sharon" sun screen!:lol:

What are your thoughts on this? A fashion statement or a cry for help?

:confused: You haven't been visiting Chavland have you Waynne?

Personally, I think covers are up there with bolt on tea tray rear spoilers, bumper stickers and furry dice.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but you can guarantee the other thing they all have in common is they won't make your car any fatser, safer or more desireable...

RW

Yep, Ford Cortina Mk III (coke bottle one) was about the right time. Nodding dogs have to be added. This continued into the late 1970's when some Cortina Mk IVs became afflicted. Sadly it was always the 1.6L models.

Ford did a nice 2.3 V6 Ghia model (Mk IV and V) which was sold in small numbers but for its day the 114bhp engine was a real treat. These never seemed to attract the faux fur etc. peripherals.

Personally, I won't be rushing to buy seat covers (this was also used as a very derogatory term for a female passenger at one point, too!) or dice, despite the obvious benefits to my car's handling balance (see tuning lies).

I was trying to work out how to make a convertable warmer in the winter and thought fury seat covers would be a help, also i have one of those plug in seat warmers, it's great, thermostat controlled so it is a constant heat, i'd like some of those battery powered socks but they are not cheap enough for me

Last edited:
aston, how come ive posted more than you (not thats its a competetion) and you got more of the little green blocks than me ? is that due to reputation ? just noticed and my vodka adled brain cant suss it out lmao !!!

aston, how come ive posted more than you (not thats its a competetion) and you got more of the little green blocks than me ? is that due to reputation ? just noticed and my vodka adled brain cant suss it out lmao !!!

Cus I don't drive a diesel and don't have ginger hair I guess, Don't know, sorry mate, i have never noticed those blocks before, Freaky