Saab 900 T9 convertible

L

leond

Hello, trying to find out about my new car a saab 900 t9, the internet search engines are very limited on info.:p

Hello and welcome, I've moved your question to our Saab forum where I'm sure our SAAB fans will help out.

What info did you need specifically?

Oh and hello and welcome to the forum, nice to meet you.

Hello, trying to find out about my new car a saab 900 t9, the internet search engines are very limited on info.:p

Hi there, the T9 refers to a specific package, usually Hirsch resourced equipment, which is only resurrected by some Main Dealers to certain Saab models for performance enhancement.
Software update, intercooler, air filter, stainless steel exhaust, larger alloy wheels than is standard for the particular model.
The packages start of with the: S, T, T7, T9, & T18, the T18 includes a Hirsch brakes and suspension upgrade system.

I had the original T9 upgrade package 5 years ago on my 9-3 Aero 2003 and it was a big plus on top of the normal setup. If you look on the Saab Owners Club website in the members Gallery, you will see pictures of the Beast at the Saab GB Bath Nationals this year where I was fortunate enough to have won Best 9-3 in the country. :bigsmile:
This win was based with the T9 package as a starting point.

Good luck with your Vert and treasure it as there are not many around.

Hi there, the T9 refers to a specific package, usually Hirsch resourced equipment, which is only resurrected by some Main Dealers to certain Saab models for performance enhancement.
Software update, intercooler, air filter, stainless steel exhaust, larger alloy wheels than is standard for the particular model.
The packages start of with the: S, T, T7, T9, & T18, the T18 includes a Hirsch brakes and suspension upgrade system.

I had the original T9 upgrade package 5 years ago on my 9-3 Aero 2003 and it was a big plus on top of the normal setup. If you look on the Saab Owners Club website in the members Gallery, you will see pictures of the Beast at the Saab GB Bath Nationals this year where I was fortunate enough to have won Best 9-3 in the country. :bigsmile:
This win was based with the T9 package as a starting point.

Good luck with your Vert and treasure it as there are not many around.

Okay... we are different pages here.

T refers to the engine management system of a Saab, specifically Trionic. Trionic 5 (T5), is what my 900 is. This can be found on 1994-1998 Saab 900, and the 1999 Saab 9-3 (non-Viggen). T7 is found on 00-02 9-3's, and Viggens, as well as some 9-5's.

So a T9 900 is, not likely. Assuming your engine is stock, it is the B204 (possibly B234, but then it would not be Trionic, it would be Montronic, like my N/A Saab.) You could also have a B202... which is the 2.0L N/A engine. If your engine was swapped to lets say a T7 car, it would have engine code B205 (2.0L turbo from 00-02), or a B235 (Viggen Engine). I have NEVER heard of someone using a T9 engine management system on any of these engines listed, as it would prove ineffective and a complete waste of money. An engine using T9 management, from a newer 9-3, would not be a direct bolt up, and would also be a big waste of time and money.

I have never heard of the Hirsch designation system T9 man talks about, perhaps it is like a Stage thing.

Okay... we are different pages here.

T refers to the engine management system of a Saab, specifically Trionic. Trionic 5 (T5), is what my 900 is. This can be found on 1994-1998 Saab 900, and the 1999 Saab 9-3 (non-Viggen). T7 is found on 00-02 9-3's, and Viggens, as well as some 9-5's.

So a T9 900 is, not likely. Assuming your engine is stock, it is the B204 (possibly B234, but then it would not be Trionic, it would be Montronic, like my N/A Saab.) You could also have a B202... which is the 2.0L N/A engine. If your engine was swapped to lets say a T7 car, it would have engine code B205 (2.0L turbo from 00-02), or a B235 (Viggen Engine). I have NEVER heard of someone using a T9 engine management system on any of these engines listed, as it would prove ineffective and a complete waste of money. An engine using T9 management, from a newer 9-3, would not be a direct bolt up, and would also be a big waste of time and money.

I have never heard of the Hirsch designation system T9 man talks about, perhaps it is like a Stage thing.

Hi Aikmanson, to a degree some of your information is correct! I also should have added, assuming that it has a T9 kit (GB) and not just the badge! a bit like the sad people who put Turbo badges on a N/A and drill a hole in the exhaust for noise, that sort of thing. As we all know, a badge does not signify that the car is or even has what the badge is stating. :amazed:

The T range of performance kits IS a Great Britain dealership thing, which several of the older cars being 900's or 99's etc in my club have had fitted to them at some time or another at a huge cost I might add!
As my own T9 kit (This is what they advertised it as) installed in 2005 from Saab City main dealership in East London cost me £5,600.00 plus the VAT or Tax as you Americans call it.

We may have been talking at cross purposes here, but to my knowledge, because someone has not heard of it! that does not mean that it does not exist! ;)

Below is a copy of the artwork given to me by the dealership for the badges a couple of years after the work was initially done, to have another one made as the chrome and colouring was coming off due to the constant washing. Also the original badge just to the right of my NSF wheel.
I hope this makes a little more sense now Aikmanson, and that leond is not totally confused! :)

Attachments

• SCP T-Pack Badges.jpg
    SCP T-Pack Badges.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 5561.jpg
    Picture 5561.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 4
Okay, all makes sense now. When I have "T" and "SAAB", engine management comes to mind, as we do not have the performance kits you guys have.

Did not mean to confuse anyone, only meant to inform. Sounds like a lot of money!! What is included in said kit?

Okay, all makes sense now. When I have "T" and "SAAB", engine management comes to mind, as we do not have the performance kits you guys have.

Did not mean to confuse anyone, only meant to inform. Sounds like a lot of money!! What is included in said kit?

Absolutely not a problem :bigsmile: The packages start from just an exhaust system (non stainless???) air filter and badges, and go all the way up to a performance 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust system, stiffer ARB's, air filter, bigger brake discs with better pads, dampers, bigger intercooler, software, leather dash board fascia, aluminium door capping, glovebox trims and matching gear box trim, badges and decals. Plus the silly money per hour that dealerships charge :(