Bordom set in today

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
Oh course this is never a good thing now is it !!!

the oldies on here will remember i painted my engine cover and a few other parts a while back ( near enough exactly 2 years going by the tread ) at 1st it looked good

2528680256_a22944b633.jpg

but them the lacquer didnt like the heat very much and turned it a yucky yellow to gold sort of colour.

seen a nice paint technique so thought id give it a go.

stripped back the as much or the old paint as i could get off.
washed and dried it.

couple of coats or primer and then ....

florescent orange

IMG_0596.jpg

after a couple of coats left it to dry for an hour with a heater close by.

filled a spray bottle with water and spayed a light misting onto the cover.
laid it down and sprayed with a light covering of gloss black and left to dry

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg
IMG_0602.jpg

still needs to be lacquer but dont have any in the house so will need to get some soon.

different anyway

and comments welcome

might do. but all thats left under there is the fuse cover on top of the battery (new battery is marginally larger and the cover doesnt fit, although i think it might if i remove the stupid jacket thats on it), lower engine cover below the manifold and the cover for the wiring loom (black bit at the back)

"filled a spray bottle with water and spayed a light misting onto the cover.
laid it down and sprayed with a light covering of gloss black and left to dry"

You really are an innovative guy, I prefer your first silver finish, though!

wasnt my idea seen the effect and found how to do it.

the silver was good but after a week it wasnt that nice as it turned a very dirty gold colour

ok thought id try the black base with a silver top
IMG_0323.jpg

not bad
(please note it was just as scrap piece of wood used as a test)

jarus - some black hoses may need to go on soon to replace the 7 year old turbo intake and intercooler to throttle body hose

oohh do i go silver and silver or orange and orange.

would make it a little more different than the normal black
will have to check that out later

Awesome, I think that you should do a blue base and orange over the top like that and have blue hoses, now that would look the dogs!!!

have actually redone it, but revered it.
was rubbing it gently ready to apply lacquer but rubbed the effect off. tried it the other way as had no silver paint left so it was a black base with a very thing orange coat
looks black with orange rain on it from top but at an angle its looking more orange.
Edit ok took it out into the all to get the photos done where i wouldnt need the flash it actually looks like a very very deep red from above

not going for blue hoses. way to common having been done to death my the chavs. do like the idea or the orange ones something different there

pics added

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Last edited:
Just think if he gets really bored, he might end up rebuilding the engine and getting 400 horses out of it in the process :)

no point without cutting out the rear, fitting new axle, haldex setup, prop new gearbox (although my box is supposed to be the same just without the transfer added). cheaper just to buy a s3 and work on that.

230 will be enough for me

You could just start with an S3 but then that's about as exiciting as a German accountant.

Better get to work PG :bigsmile: