peugeot 106 dimma kit

joshy1991

Torque Junkie
Car
nissan 200sx s14a
hi guys and gals.

i have been looking at getting one of these kits but im not sure wether to do it or not. what i would like to know is . 1. do you have to lower your car to put this on as in will the kit scrape the floor on corners if i dnt . and 2. do you have to put the quicksilver arches on the car aswell before fitting the dimma kit?

cheers

i have a peugeot 106 98 s reg . 3dr.

if any one has this kit on their car plz post some pics on this thread.

Where are you buying the kit from? It should come with instructions and a kti shound't rub on the ground unless you do lower the car. With lowering you should also go stiffer as well due to the limited space you have for the springs to travel.

well basically ive been told by a mate that if i dnt lower the car and i put a body kit on it when i go round some of the roundabouts that dip down it will scrape the floor on the dipped bit but as i said a mate told me this but it could just be that he doesnt like body kits and hes saying it so i dont get one?

and im not sure yet where im gonna buy the kit from. and i would like to know as much about the kit as possible before buying it. theres a guy near where i live thaqt has it on his car but i dont know him and i was gonna go and knock on hgis door and talk to him but im not sure if thats a good idea. ?

ive always liked the wide body kits ever since ive played the need for speed games but if its more hassle than its worth i might not bother . cause i dnt want a normal kit and theres too many quicksilvers driving around near where i live so i dont really wanna change the bumpers to quicksilver bumpers

yeah its called body roll.
if you dont lower the car youve got more clearance than those that are lowered. the only difference will be the springs will be slightly softer and allow more roll but if its rubbing the floor theres something majorly wrong

oh no i havnt got a body kit on it yet. but i cant make my mind up . but cheers for the explanation. do you reckon i should lower my 106?

If you are getting some nice alloys then wait till then but if not then i'd suggest a drop of around 30mm with some stiffer springs to tighten things up. Any more than this and you might have trouble with rubbing arches.

Dimma kits are big wide arch kits that pug used on there rally cars (205 t16 had those sexy arches and so did the 306 s2000) and go beyond just upgrading the suspension,
you will need the wheels to fill the archs so you need the hubs entending out and that means new drive shafts ect
it's also beyond what wheel spacers are going to give you ( safely )
it's a lot of work but don't let this put you off because if you do a proper job it will look ace :)
speak to some people who know what they are talking about
pug1off are surposed to be good for this
spoox motorsport do all rally type things for pugs a citorens so they may have the mechanical componants for it
eccose do body kits as well and they might do the dimma kit so they might do all the other parts as well.....hit them up....what have you got to loose be just asking?

well i think if its gonna be that much worjk then im going to steer away from the dimma kit. cos i dnt get enough income to do all that . lol. ive looked at a carzone kit instead . it has arches but not too wide . theyre like the saxo arches . cheers for the info though muchly appreciated.

well i think if its gonna be that much worjk then im going to steer away from the dimma kit. cos i dnt get enough income to do all that . lol. ive looked at a carzone kit instead . it has arches but not too wide . theyre like the saxo arches . cheers for the info though muchly appreciated.

What's the attraction with making your car look like a Saxo?

no no no theres no attraction to making it look like a saxo . im just saying saxo for comparison. i like th3e wide arch look,. but cos i drive auto i couldnt find a 106 quicksilver so i bought an older model and plan to mod it. but i cant put quicksilver arches on it unless i cut the rear wheel arch out. which seems like its going to be my only option being that i cant find arches for my model and year 106 : (