Help with my tyres

kaspur

Car
r33 gtst skyline
hay i am just after some help on tyres as i have nankang ne11 on now as that is what come on the car and dont handel very well
I was thinking of a toyo proxes r1r and have heared they are unreal but i dont know how long they last can any one give me a ruff idea on this tyre or sujest a good tyre for my car am lookin for a 235 or 245 45 or 45 17 for under $400 AUD
this is for street use but some enthusiastic driving

Hi Mate

I use Falken tyres FK452 is the model number for UK. Not sure what it will be in Aussie land there. They have got some good reviews and come out well in group tests regularly on other forums. Kumho is also a respected budget make. Toyo's are very good but wear quickly so I've heard.

Hope that helps

Andy

I guess your weather is pretty good and the roads are dry most of the year round. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the Proxies.

Can you get Pirelli P zeros out there? They are pretty good and fairly hard wearing.

I guess your weather is pretty good and the roads are dry most of the year round. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the Proxies.

Can you get Pirelli P zeros out there? They are pretty good and fairly hard wearing.

Are you kidding Waynne :shock: I've got P Zeros on my Golf TDI and they wore out at the front in 8000 miles:sad2: Maybe it's the heavy diesel engine up front. They are good tyres for grip but more pricey than the Falkens.

Andy

yeah can get the p zeros though have heard the same thing as that they were to quick im loockin for something that handels very well in wet and dry as when it does rain with my tyres i might as well just walk cause they have no trac wot so ever and also want somethin that wont wear out quick

how much did you get out of your p zeros though

A friend of mine with a Porsche Boxster got 12,000 miles out of his P zeros they were pretty wide tyres though and he doesn't tend to drive like a nutter.

think the heavy diesel will wear the tyres pretty quickly with the steering and power ontop of the weight of the engine itself.

the falken 452 in 225/45/17 cost around £75 each so hopefully not that much more in aus$
ill vouch that they are good but wouldnt put them in the same bracket as the proxis theres also the toyo R888 which are basically a road legal track tyre. these are currently on a FWD golf with 350bhp (supercharged R32 engine) and he has had no problems with them. but do expect them not to last very long or be great in the wet

think the heavy diesel will wear the tyres pretty quickly with the steering and power ontop of the weight of the engine itself.

the falken 452 in 225/45/17 cost around £75 each so hopefully not that much more in aus$
ill vouch that they are good but wouldnt put them in the same bracket as the proxis theres also the toyo R888 which are basically a road legal track tyre. these are currently on a FWD golf with 350bhp (supercharged R32 engine) and he has had no problems with them. but do expect them not to last very long or be great in the wet

well not great in the wet but i want somesort of traction