hi guys . getting a 106

joshy1991

Torque Junkie
Car
nissan 200sx s14a
hi guys im getting a pug 106 in 2 days : ) what mods do u reckon i should do to it.? its a 1.4 98 s reg (silver)

i have a sound system already which will b going in it when i get it.

any ideas will b much appreciated

my plans are lights, lowering, body kit, back box, alloys at a later date.

Hello and welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you.

Your plans seem to have covered the bases. I would only add that you should uprate the brakes, perhaps to those from the GTI version. Stopping fast is more important than going fast.

Also rememember to tell your insurers of any modifications you make to you car.

Waynne the guys been here ages. LMAO. :lol:

Hi Joshy the plans sound good but if I was you i'd leave the bodykit and just nick some OEM parts off the Gti. Would look so much better than a full on bodykit.

Welcome to the site. Your list sounds spot on to start with. But the only other things i'd add are:-

-Full brake and calliper set up from a 106GTi or even the 206 GTi 180 ;)
-Panel filter
dont just go the back box as this can mess around with the back pressure which you do need to some degree so instead think of a downpipe/header back straight through.
-And a nice remap to tie in the mods nicely.

ok guys. well firstlyy i drive auto so with the panel filter and remap ideas i am not sure if they will work well. also when i say body kit i do mean a non outstanding one. cos i actually wanted the quicksilver but couldnt find one in an auto. how much should i lower it. and also does anyone know anywhere in the uk that sells cheap boot builds? cos im thinking of having a nice boot build rather than a box with carpet over it lol. im planning on getting some black rear lexus lights and some black angel eyes for the front.

cheers for any ideas and comments.

oh and waynne how do u not remember me . im the guy who owns the blue polo with all the blue inside. how could you forget me. im gonna cry . lol

Not sure I'd rush for a 106 (or any car below 2 litres) with automatic transmission but that said I do like autos for the sheer simplicity of day to day driving the offer.

Possibly not a 106 for me anyway for space reasons either.

But.......there's no reason for the mods you're planning to be any less effective with AT than MT. In some ways the AT might benefit more simply by virtue of the way the torque converter works.

Automatics generally run at higher revs (apart from steady cruising) than manuals and generally require more 'pedal' to make swift progress. Especially so with small engines. The freer breathing your modifying proposals offer can only be a good thing.

One question: Why automatic? I have my reasons for liking them but I seem to be in a small minority of 1 on Torquecars. OK, well, two now, if I include you.

well basically i have a problem with my hips and i can push the clutch down on a manual i can shift the gear but i cant release it all the way off . and to do the clutch motion while driving will b too much for my hips and i will have too much pain. so theres the answer. also i am buyin a 106 cos i like how smal they are and how cheap they are to modify. at the mo i have a vw polo 6n 1.4 and i hate it ,. it doesnt shift gears proply it has 5drs and its expensive to modify . radical front body kit for example is £230 for my polo the same kit for a 106 is £130. see my point. but im not buying it for the modifiability im also buying it cos i like the shape of the 106 and ive always wanted one since i first played the need for speed underground game . lol. also i think they are quite nice cars and they are cheap to buy.

They're certainly good value. Not my first choice of car but there's a lot to recommend them by.

Thanks for opening up on your reasons for automatic transmission. Mine are nowhere near as justifiable.

I just happen to like automatics anyway.

I have a problem with articulation in my right lower leg since having been involved in a very nasty RTA in June 2009. I'm managing to drive manual for now but once I need another car it will be automatic.

ah ok. well this 106 will be £1100 plus part exchanging my polo. the 106 was 1395 but cos im part exchanging my polo its 1100. my mum paid 1700 for my polo and he is offering me £300 cos of all the mods if i didnt do all the mods it woulda been an extra hundred quid . RIP OFF lol. o well i really want a 106 and it was the only one in silver near my home that wasnt hours and hours away. when i get it i will post sum pics . should be sunday depending on weather . and i will probly put it on the projects and wips section . with a list of whats gonna be done to it. so far ive thought about getting black lexus lights and black angel eyes. and i found some dirt cheap bucket seats ( £179 for a pair with sliders ). so they might go in it aswell.

ooo also could all you 106 owners put pics on this thread cos i really wanna see how they look slammed or modded. cheers

slammed or decked means suspension drops so major that the wheels are hidden in the arches get with the times HDi ;)
downside is the suspension is normally so far out that it has negative handling characteristics and accelerated wear on tyres, cv joints, driveshafts etc

slammed or decked means suspension drops so major that the wheels are hidden in the arches get with the times HDi ;)
downside is the suspension is normally so far out that it has negative handling characteristics and accelerated wear on tyres, cv joints, driveshafts etc

But all that can be sorted plus slammed looks so damn good.:bigsmile:

For HDi's purpose this is "slammed".
14072008308jp4.jpg

slammed or decked means suspension drops so major that the wheels are hidden in the arches get with the times HDi

Citroens have done this for years. BX and CX had bodywork over the rear wheels.

Nothing at all. That's what I was alluding to. But you did have a bit of a disappointing experience with the C3 recently.

Citroen has always been nothing other than innovative. Then again, that doesn't actually make the cars good prospects for long term ownership.

As it goes the C3 wasn't that bad. Maybe a bit flimsy and sloppy on the handling but it was the fact that it was automatic was why I didn't like it. And the gearbox was awfull.

Poor automatics are far less tolerable than poor clutch/manual arrangements.

Citroen seems, it appears, to have lost the plot with the C3. WIped out all the things that made Citroens of yesteryear sparkle (and go wrong!) and replaced it with blandness.

I got a lift home from hospital in one after crash day last June. Noisy and uncomfortable thing, even in my morphine and diazepam drugged state.

COme on PSA, Citroen should be the innovator of the group. Once the technology is tried and tested hand it down to Ford and Peugeot.

yeah it can be done but your average person is more likely to spend £200 on a cheap set of coilovers that they can go low with but have no real adjustability rather than £500+ on the ones that allow you to change the camber etc

you can modify the mounts to allow camber adjustments

hey guys got my back box fitted last week. so far i have had my sound system put in . painted the wheel covers black . put a splitter on the front . hoppefully lowering it next and putting a body kit on it.

looks nice mate . like the colour of blue. i will try posting up pics of mine but it keeps saying that its not an image . ? so im getting angry with the pc lol