Mid life crisis cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the perfect car to drive when you hit your mid life crisis? (I'm not that far off 40 so I need to start thinking and preparing for my mid life crisis!):lol:

A mitusbishi 3000GT is the sensible choice. What about an older Ferrari or a Maserati? They are big on image and will help you retain your youth.

Don't get a cabriolet though otherwise people will see you are a bold old man:lol:

Well, I have to tell you that I have reached 40:embarrest:. I was looking for a Jag but honestly I didn't have the smallest clue that they are doing them in India now!!! So, I just pulled back a bit from it. But I'm still looking for a big engined car!!! So, remember that life begins at 40:blink1::blink1:

Porsche Cockster aboslutely no contest imo. For the man that wants a mid-life crises car but is an actual car enthusiast something very jap and very fast is needed. Get a Tommi Mak VI Waynne! :bigsmile:

Last edited:
I'm 40 next year and already Meno-Porschal :toung::lol::bigsmile: (according to my wife:D)

Just get what you always wanted when you were younger but couldn't afford or insure back then. So thats anything that was better then a Fiesta then:blink1: Also get it while you can still get in it before your hips gives out :blink:

Andy

The best midlife crisis car has to be the Ariel Atom 500 V8!
thth390_crazy_driver.gif

M3, scooby or evo. The only people I see driving these cars 90% of the time are, no offence, but blokes 40+. Apart from the evo, when you see the very pretty girl you want to marry occationally.

If your already a petrol head is there such thing as a midlife crisis car? You've probably been buying daft cars for a while now, so no-ones going to bat an eyelid when you turn up in something (else) mad. :D

Just what Aerial Andy944 said!
Buy something you fantasized 20 years ago when that car was to much for you. Of course if that perticular vehicle got newer model go for it. Trendy clothes or sunglasses are optional, but be sure to have some modern gadget (i-something :) ) at hand when young ladies watching at you....
Also, I think that brown driving handglowes and Tag Heuer watch could be sure sign for young sponsorseeking girls that you have potential. :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Just saw what Loz have said. He could have a point here! ;)

If your already a petrol head is there such thing as a midlife crisis car? You've probably been buying daft cars for a while now, so no-ones going to bat an eyelid when you turn up in something (else) mad. :D

I agree with that,I have bought some totally irrational inpractical motors in my time... An Alpine GTA as the family car was one, sure brilliant car but no room for a couple carrier bags,

M3, scooby or evo. The only people I see driving these cars 90% of the time are, no offence, but blokes 40+. Apart from the evo, when you see the very pretty girl you want to marry occationally.

Probably because they are the only ones who can afford to insure them,i have only had skylines the past 9 years before then to insure would have been mental money!!

If I was to buy anything sensible that would be a crisis............ (ten years ago it would have been a midlife one)

Everyone and his dog drives a BMW :) A serious MLC requires a serious set of wheels. Bearing in mind that you are not as young as you used to be, or think you are, you will require a little bit of comfort. So you will have to choose from Lambo, Ferrari, high end Porsche, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, SSC, Veyron, Pagani, or similar. A normal, middle management car just wouldn't cut it.

i don't know how old you guys are lambos and ital stuff no good for me can't get in or out of the bloody things although i have just purchased an MGB a real sports car without all this electronic crap :amuse::amuse::amuse::amuse:

Can't believe no one has managed to mention one of the most icon cars of all and definately has street precence !

LANCIA DELTA EVO...................................or Stratos if you can afford one :(

owning something like a stratos isnt a sign of a midlife crisis ........

It is a sign of someone who has serious taste and pockets to back it up.

People over a certain age who don't go over 56 in S2000's With thier very embarrased and bored aged wifes sat next to them..... I seem to see many around here. What a waste of a fine engine/car

Yes
I will restore it one day but simply dont have the cash . Its a lot cheaper to get classic GTR parts than it is classic 911 bits

I read somewhere when you buy Porsche parts you look in the box for the free diamonds as they cost so much. Nice car...I want it ha ha

Yes
I will restore it one day but simply dont have the cash . Its a lot cheaper to get classic GTR parts than it is classic 911 bits

Dunno Sleeper my GTR is burning a nice hole in my pockets just as fast as my old 944 did :blink: I paid £15 for a plastic GTR plaque for the centre console other day , that was down from £35 initially! Paid £50 for a Nismo gear knob, think I got carried away on that one though :amuse: