Best dashboard dial colours

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your favourite dashboard dial colours?

I think white dash dials look great. At night though when illuminated I think Blue light looks better than red or yellow and seems to be easier to read.

What are your favourite dash and dash light colours? (Or does it really not matter enough?)

Conversely I hate blue illumination. It's the hardest colour for the human eye to focus (the blue receptors in the retina are behind the red and green ones) accurately. Personally I'd take ice white but derived from an incandescent source with a filter rather than from a discharge lamp.

I also like the electroluminescent panel displays in cars such as the current Honda Jazz. Sadly I can't much else in favour of that car!

I had black dials previously, but hated the crappy white lighting. So i replaced them with green LEDs which were alot more fun and cheered me up no-end.

I am a big fan of white race dials, especially when the needles illuminate too - preferably red. The little differences alter your mood, so to personal preference if its what you like then it may enhance your journey.

Never tried a HUD. I like the idea enormously as there's no re-focussing of your eyes - the HUD projects a virtual image at infinity by means of some very clever optics and a collimating mirror (much like commercial flight simulators).

I'm sure i've mentioned these before on here - albeit a couple of years ago. i'll dig around, and i think it was mph. i don't think it was linked to diagnostics either, but im not sure if there was any functionality for the tacho/fuel gauge like the corvette does.

Would be good for a safety point of view, and amazing kudos from your mates.