300bhp 93 aero

Hello mate and welcome. Car sounds nice, I must ask is it a 2.0 turbo, 2.2 turbo, 2.3 turbo or the V6 turbo? I'm only askign as i might become your best friend for getting some reseacrch pics of how the turbo bolts to the V6 engine. I have a 3.0 Calibra which i'd like to do this with ;)

Hello mate and welcome. Car sounds nice, I must ask is it a 2.0 turbo, 2.2 turbo, 2.3 turbo or the V6 turbo? I'm only askign as i might become your best friend for getting some reseacrch pics of how the turbo bolts to the V6 engine. I have a 3.0 Calibra which i'd like to do this with ;)
hi there its a 51 plate 93 aero 2.0 turbo hot 205r engine fab engine when standard had it up against 93 vaggin 2.3turbo not a great deal between them .diff sorry now

Hi Everyone, I too believe I have finally arrived into the exclusive 300+ bhp club. All works to date include an initial T9 main dealer upgrade for my 93ss Aero 2003. Additional engine and suspension works completed by the legendary Abbott Racing in Essex. After some more ignition and fuel modifications by Auto xtreme in Romford Essex, I now have a date next wednesday with a Dyno road over in Rainham Essex for a remap, I will keep you posted on the outcome!

Hi Guys, well the initial dyno road was a little disappointing as I proved to be nearly 30 bhp off the magic figure! determined to find out why, I duly took the car to Neo Bros here in the uk who changed my spark plugs yet again! remapped my ECU to mate my uprated hybrid to the fuel properly and now I am looking at 280bhp exactly. If I want to get too the 300 mark I have been advised to have yet another type of hybrid turbo fitted, bigger injectors and another remap, I have then been assured that I will hit the 300bhp level. All this work I shall be having done within the next two months, but I as was talking to the technician about going beyond the 300, I was advised that this would not be a good idea with the Aero auto box that I have :( as reliability problems would start comimg into play. Not sure what to do now? back to the drawing board I think.

just butting in ere but saabs dont get the respect they deserve they a nice looking cars and some i have driven got alot of guts in them id go for a saab anyday over a stupid high power german car that doesnt feel that quick for what its supposed to be and i find them a much better drive than ur average bmw or audi

just butting in ere but saabs dont get the respect they deserve they a nice looking cars and some i have driven got alot of guts in them id go for a saab anyday over a stupid high power german car that doesnt feel that quick for what its supposed to be and i find them a much better drive than ur average bmw or audi

Very observant of you and well said! The Beast goes in on Monday for a huge amount of work to be done, should have it back by Thursday, will let you all know how I got on. :)

hi there its a 51 plate 93 aero 2.0 turbo hot 205r engine fab engine when standard had it up against 93 vaggin 2.3turbo not a great deal between them .diff sorry now

Its a viggen... not a vaggin... not a veeeegan... a viggen

Anyways, welcome. 300BHP? Saab 2.0's are pretty impressive motors, ask me about them I can tell you nearly everything about them by now. How many miles does yours have now? I am guessing you have done the PCV update # 6 to help prevent oil slugging? B205 motors suffer from premature death do to slugging, do to poor oil pumps fitted. The B204 motors did not have this problem (1994-1998 NG900's and 1999 9-3).

So what have you done to reach 300BHP? My NG900 put down 230whp on the dyno a few months back, but should easily put down 250 this time around and cranks probably around 280-290BHP if I fix the spring and put the injectors in like I plan to do.

Congrats on the best choice of car, nobody thinks a Saab is quick until they are staring at our boots wondering what the hell happened.

Well FINALLY - after a year of trying and getting it horribly wrong on so many occasions (actually lost some BHP!)

A rolling road remap session this morning, gave me the news I have been waiting so long to hear!

I have made it into the 300+ BHP club, 321 BHP to be precise! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

After so much time, effort, and MONEY! lots of it! I have arrived!!!

A "Huge" thanks to all you chaps on the forum who steered me onto the right path with invaluable advice with regards to the do's and don'ts of performance mods! :D

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits! :D