Zafira gsi tuning

Jbodge

Car
Zafira
Hi all new to the group and vauxhalls have tuned other makes b4 though.
I have a 2003 zaf gsi.
Fitted vxr turbo injs 80mm maf cross over delete. Had it mapped last week and alledgedley has 277bhp. I took it to york dragway and with the traction off it does 0-60 in 6.9 secs but qtr mile in 15.1 @ 93 mph in 3rd gear. Seemed to take an age in 3rd. What do i need to do to get faster acceleration top end. Do i need a bigger turbo or maybe different gear box. Dont want to throw thousands of pounds at it forging etc.
Thanks in advance john.

Hello and a very warm, if a little late, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

For more top end power look at a new cam, and induction kit. It will sap low end power though but give you more in the 3500RPM+ range.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello from me, another resident petrol head. Great to have you onboard. Enjoy your time here, and please post loads, the more the merrier as they say.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back