Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

your seriously underrated cars thoughts?

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by aston, 27 March 2012.

1. Zwaf

Zwaf Road Burner

Croatia
    Car:
    Seat Ibiza 1,9TDI
    Octavia vRS (mk1) is under rated here where I live. Almost nobody recognise her on the street and I have not once hear someone talks about that car. Strange because Octavia's are very popular around here.
    I understand she could be better, but in the end she is a Golf GTI beneath the familly costume.

2. LPMorgan

LPMorgan Road Burner

leicester, england
    Car:
    none at the moment
    in all seriousness now my favourite underrated car is either a vauxhall monaro vxr or the nissan 240sx two massively underrated cars

3. herb

herb modherbrator Moderator

west midlands
    Car:
    Seat Leon Cupra
    Imo neither of these cars are underrated they are both well known for their capabilities;)

4. LPMorgan

LPMorgan Road Burner

leicester, england
    Car:
    none at the moment
    i mean in the way the larger cars over shadow them, if you see a big v8 audi you think "wow" but you see a big v8 vauxhall and you get "wow nice car, but why not buy an audi?" lol same with the 240sx why not buy an r33 skyline lol

5. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

you can call a manaro many things but not underated

6. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    Here's a leftfield one.
    2004 to 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6

3.6 V6, 255bhp, 0-60 in 6.7, in a big 4 door saloon. you can get a 5 year old one with under 40k on the clock for 5 grand. bulletproof chain-driven v6. Rear wheel drive with LSD.

Here's what the honestjohn review said:

‘Sport', which transforms its character completely. If you are a left-foot braker you will love this car in ‘Sport' because it allows you to control the changes with your feet. No need for a ‘tip' lever or buttons or paddles on the steering wheel, you get the gear you want with your feet and it stays in the right gear all the way through the corner. In kickdown in Sport you'll see the needle push close to 7,000rpm, if you want it to, accompanied by a glorious banshee V6 howl reminiscent of a Honda NSX at full chat. 0-60 takes just 6.7 seconds.Whack it into a bend (the first bend on our route, actually, since it inspired so much confidence) and you get proper, adjustable rear-drive grip with steering feel so far unfelt in an American car. No air suspension or anything like that. Instead, a Sigma floorpan incorporating Nivomat self-levelling suspension and StabiliTrak stability control system developed on the Nürburgring. So good, you don't even notice the electronic angels keeping you on the road. Tyres are a sensible 225/50 R17. I don't like cars with hard, uncompromising suspension more suited to the racetrack than the road. To my mind this Cadillac gets it almost as right as a standard BMW 5-Series without quite the same oily precision as the BMW's steering. Sometimes there's a trace of float over crests, but you've got to be driving ridiculously quickly to notice. For day-to-day luxury with the extra capability of quick A to B times, this is a fine car.

Let's face it, you'd have to pay at least double for a comparable 5 series or Audi A4/6. I was reading about the 2008 on model, which uses direct injection straight into the combustion chamber and gets 311bhp out of its 3.6 V6. Cool!

Sounds like quite an interesting car.

7. LPMorgan

LPMorgan Road Burner

leicester, england
    Car:
    none at the moment
    you just mentioned a car that is way underrated is the NSX!

8. Loz

Loz Torque King

Wolverhampton, U.K.
    Car:
    MX-5
    Underated or rare? ;)

9. LPMorgan

LPMorgan Road Burner

leicester, england
    Car:
    none at the moment
  10. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    They are not underrated in the Honda world. If anything they are overrated.

11. LPMorgan

LPMorgan Road Burner

leicester, england
    Car:
    none at the moment
    compare one to a car of similar size and performance and it looks massively underrated but as a car compared to other "normal" cars then it's probably overrated

12. Sigma3000

Sigma3000 Newbie

Horsham uk
    Car:
    MitsiSigma3LwagonV6
    Think they did a RS3.1 Ditchfinder mk1

13. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings Sigma3000 and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

14. thexav

thexav The Torque Meister Staff Member

Car:
    2002 Clio 172
    Fiat 500 Abarth - stunningly fun in a go cart fun kind of way. Never thought I'd like it but was really impressed.

15. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Track Warrior

Bournemouth
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    My wifelet's brother has a Punto Abarth and it's great fun to drive. Though he wont let me anymore after I showed him how to powerslide around a roundabout :lol:

obi_waynne and T9 man like this.
  16. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 2.0 TDI
    The Punto Abarth is certainly a beast. I'm sure there are more nominations out there as well.

17. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Pro Tuner

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
  18. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 2.0 TDI
    The Perana is a new one on me!