You & diesels! More or less likely

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you more or less likely to consider a diesel engine for your next car?

I'm tending towards less likely. I suspect fuel is going to be hiked and more cities are going to push out diesel cars.

It's crazy when Diesels were considered the less polluting alternative and heavily promoted as such!

Less likely but petrol economy has come a long way, there are also some impressive hybrid options out there now.

Porsche Cayenne for example... 83mpg and 5.9 seconds 0-60!

Do you really think you would see anywhere near 83mpg in the real world from the Cayenne tho?

It would be very impressive! @auds2

I hear major towns and cities are going to be imposing diesel charges in some form in the near future.

Surely this is not fair as governments made diesels a good choice for environmental reasons. We were misled.

It would be VERY impressive, which is why it wouldnt be achievable in a real world scenario, on a test track with test conditions maybe and also to be fair, Its not the first time the VAG group have told porkie pies about their vehicle related figures is it ;)

We were indeed misled. Im pretty sure if they impose this charge you will see a lot of shops in the towns and cities having to close their doors due to mounting delivery charges from couriers etc.

I guess the other option of putting all our diesel cars in landfill and paying to manufacture a raft of new petrol cars is more environmentally friendly!

Surely some kind of filtration system is not out of the realms of possibility?

I'm Playing devils advocate here but what about planting more trees? Surely greener cities have less pollution as nature has a way of mopping it up. It makes sense to pass the costs on to the motorists though in yet another stealth levy to offset local authority defecits.