Ya, Hello!

Lunchmoney

The Torque Meister
Car
'98 JDM Impreza STI
Came here from a google search for respraying a car. Thought I'd hang around :)

To answer some inevitable questions:
I'm from the south west UK;
I drive a mildly modified JDM classic Impreza (bhp is between me and my right foot);
I have an account at my local Tesco petrol station;
I like cars, music, books, food and cars;
I'm a middle aged man with a wifelet, mortgage and a cat.
I can get pictures up, after the 10 post minimum, of all of that, bar the wifelet :rofl:

I also like that the forum is xenforo software. I've run a few forums, been active on many, and xenforo is one of the best, I believe.

Hi and welcome to TC forums
You're not far from me it looks like, I'm about 30 miles north near Wincanton. Have you had contact with DMCC (Dorset Modified Car Club)? The organiser of Southern Scoobies also lives this way here in Gillingham. They normally have a display here in Sherborne at Classics at the Castle in July

I haven't done any car clubs (despite years of driving classic golf GTIs and Imprezas), so not contacted DMCC. And I keep missing Castle (Combe I assume?) days by finding out about them a few days after the fact or being otherwise engaged when I do know about them!

99octane fuel. It's either that or Shell VPower. There were no Shell stations near me when I had the car mapped, so it was mapped with Momentum99. So that's what it gets :)

How do you find Momentum 99? It's well known for having the highest octane rating in the UK, jointly with Shell's V-Power. It's far less well known for having the lowest calorific value of any UK road fuel. I just wondered how you find it in terms of economy. I can guess not great given you have an account with Tesco :)

Hello and welcome btw.

Economy is not something you worry about if you drive an Impreza. :rofl:

I should have anticipated the answer to that one. Thing is that when we add up the overall cost of owning and running a car there're two type of motoring: expensive and unaffordable.

Fuel economy hasn't really bothered me when selecting cars. Driving style and journey profile play bigger parts than the car itself I think.

I do actually track my MPG, cos I like to know (plus a couple of years ago it dropped dramatically, so I went to my garage and found a problem before it blew my engine). I get around 23-25 mpg on average, about 10 mpg if I had a fun drive and around 35 mpg on a long motorway drive. It's expensive yes, but smiles per gallon is very high :)

310 isn't stock, right?
310 is not stock, no. When it rolled from the factory in Japan, in 1998, it was officially 265bhp peak at 6000 rpm.
Opening up the exhaust system with a 3in decat and remapping has pushed it up. There has also been a little engine rebuilding over the years, strengthening things as a by-product. The turbo spool is a little later, due to the exhaust, but it's how I like it. Perfect for daily drive in the low ref range (no real turbo engage) and when you need/want the power just move up to the high ref range and feel the punch :)

Suspension is completely original = firm. However it will need replacing in the next 2 years.

yes, what i like about subaru is that it is an all season car. I was thinking about adjustable suspension, those with bolts alike that can be lowered or lifted by turning them.

That sounds like coilovers. I've not experienced them myself but talking to people who have leads me to think they are not really suited for a daily drive - far to hard.

i was talking about this
$_35.JPG

since english is not my native language and am not good on car parts terminology.. lol.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back