X Type tuning

Griff

Car
Griffith 4.3
Anybody any knowledge on enhancing performance, especially on the diesels, but also the 3 litre..

How much extra torque is reliably extractable on 2.0d (std clutch must remain ok due to cost of replacement)

The 2.2 Diesel can be pished to 195 bhp and 345lbft of torque on a remap alone. The standard 2.0 offers remapped peaks of around 169 bhp and 320lbft. The torque is phenomenal on these.

The cars themselves are quite heavy so there are probably quicker similar powered diesels but the X Types are a veritable bargain at the moment.

waynne got it spot on, i have a 2.0d x type which i remapped, although they are heavy cars they perform same as a mondeo, but a remap transforms them..

steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello mate,
We dont list this car for remapping, it would have to be done in house, with you being in west mids give chippeduk a ring, they shouldn't be too far from you? 01527-579345 ask for jayson, hope this helps you mate..

steve

I just replaced a failed 3.0 with another 3.0 w/48k. Bolted on 1999 Ford Taurus 3.0 DOHC exhaust manifolds (flow much better), 2 1/4" pipe leaves each manifold, stock upstream O2 sensors are plugged in, pipes cont. into a single late model Dodge truck V-8 cat. (dual 2" inlets, single 2 1/2" outlet) placed under passenger floor pan heat shield. Out of cat. comes a single 2 1/2" pipe, then come the stock downstream O2 sensors (plugged in in-line with each other). 2 1/2" pipe continues into two in-line 18" glass pack muffler/resonators, then splits above rear axle into a pair of Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers.
Worked out very well. Underhood temps. are half as stock as well as much cooler engine oil. Noticeable difference in off the line, midrange, and top end power (and growl). I'm estimating a 20 h.p. and 15 lb/ft torque gain along with the modiied airbox and K&N filter. A ported upper intake plenum is next and may yield an additional 10 h.p. Eventually I would like to get her on an AWD dyno as a means of remaping the ECU for an additional 20+ h.p. (50+ h.p. gain). If you think the "X" looks nice, imagine her with 275+ h.p.?

Google roverron synergy1, I fitted one to my 2.0d after being recommended it. It made a big diference. It is plug and play, and has 9 different settings which are selected with a switch. Its only about £150 as well !!

Anybody any knowledge on enhancing performance, especially on the diesels, but also the 3 litre..

That why I recommended Synergy1 Tuning box. Best pound for pound performance increase on the market.:lol:

I am in no way affiliated to Roverron, just a happy customer.

Last edited: