wiring for the bora

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
help after having the bora for a month ave decided to put the amp and subs in the boot have got everything done except the power cable
i cant find any rubber grommets against the bulkhead but there is a heatshield over it
the oly 1 i could find is beside where the mai wiring loom enters car have put a thinner wire through first rather tha drilling it wider the wire goes into the car on the offside but cant find where it comes back out any help appreciadted

waynne am hopin you can help as your audi has the same engine and im hoping its mounted transversly with the inlet maninfold at the rear so you can see what i mean

sorry should also have said that im not really wanting to drill through the main body or put it underneath as though about this but dont wat the wire to get damaged on the uderside of the car

yeah a did think about that but found the main wire at the back of the fuse box . bt i have to work out what 1 is wot. i know that 1 is preme live 1 is igntion cant work out what the other 2 are for going to look on the net see if i can find out as its just numbers on the bolts. haynes manual doesnt even mention them but it does tell you how to remove the fusebox

I Know what you mean it is a real pain with that armoured plating - the turbo gives off loads of heat.

What about running it through the front wing then up into the passenger footwell via the door and under the carpet to the back of the car? Taking a feed from the fusebox is probably the neatest idea though or use the cigarette lighter wire for power - does your car have 2 anyway?

unfortunaly not a thought that would have been the best idea as found in the hand book as i should have a fag lighter in the boot capible of 120w. this would have mad it really easy as it would have just have meant uping the fuse a bit

i did try going thought the wing and into the door as theres a wiring hole there that does indeed look into the wing the only prob was i couldnt find the hole in the wing side got a torch into the door and looked up and down
but there didnt seem to be one it of a pain as that would have meant i wouldnt have to worry about blowing the main fuse on the battery

going to fit it to the fuse box wiring as the main fuse on the battery is 120A hopefully itll hold if not al have to up it