Will they make an uncrashable car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
With self driving cars they often claim a reduction in accidents although we have seen a few recently.

More cars have anti collision systems, auto braking and steering when it detects and imminent impact.

Does this make a car safer or just make a driver more complacent?

Will they succeed in making the "uncrashable car" where all driver error is taken care of?

Obviously other factors external to the car could cause a crash and it would be impossible to rule these out, along with mechanical failure such as a wheel falling off. But is is possible to rule out all driver error as a cause for a crash using automatic systems?

In a word 'NO' I deal with many different computer systems and many different platforms. Error free? You have more chance of getting a straight answer from you're direct question to a politician ;)

Anomalies reduced 'Yes' errors reduced 'Yes' but the possibility of removing driver error I believe is only possible if you can start a genetically modified program for humans. Nice thought though but not one I will see the full outcome off in my lifetime :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back