Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

When is your next service due

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by obi_waynne, 7 February 2017.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 2.0 TDI
    Ok then so when is the last time you did a basic service, at least oil and filter on your car?

When is the next one due?

My oil change is sort of due but it's on a long life service schedule so technically I have another 12 months but I do prefer to do annual oil changes to keep things working well.

2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Pro Tuner

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    I use Pennrite Racing oil as well as the racing brake fluid in the car on the left and do the oil and filter changes app twice a year depending on the number of events/laps the car had done.

I also like to bleed the brakes after a track day to get fresh fluid to the pistons.

FWIW My sump plug is safety wired as well as the filter to prevent the possibility of them ever working loose |B

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products-categs.php?id_categ=24

Last edited: 7 February 2017
    obi_waynne likes this.
  3. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Track Warrior

Bournemouth
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Next week :)
    Full service and MOT at the same time.

4. Hutch106

Hutch106 Wrench Pro

South West
    Car:
    106T
    Not a service as such, however, the Alfa requires a new DMF and clutch replacement. Never heard of a self adjusting clutch until i had to purchase one for the JTD 2.4 20V Hmmm

obi_waynne likes this.
  5. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Next service will probably be around June, the oil would have been replaced in March so this will be omitted. Everything else however gets double checked and replaced if necessary.

6. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    I've got a full service and mot next week with acms, but I also do a 6 monthly oil change myself, so oil gets done about every 5k. Its easy on the merc with a top mounted filter and an oil suction pump.