When do you crank up the Tunes!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When do you turn your volume control to max in the car and really enjoy your music and time in the car?

Is it just when you fancy a quick blast or every day on the daily commute?

I use my volume knob on max when I'm doing a boring daily drive.

I like to hear my engine and the general driving feedback you get which is something you don't get with the radio up load.

Music is enjoyed properly indoors, Passat's 'audio' rig is loud but pathetic. Bangy bass but it's one-note bass, not tuneful, not deep and not entertaining. The rest is a muddle. Like the car really. Engine very good. Rest of the car including audio is crap.

For a start if you crank a stereo "Too the max" it'll probably sound crap.

You want a well setup system that you determine the max volume. Not the max the headunit can go to. :p

Even a standard factory system can sound decent.

HDi, I like to think music can be properly enjoyed anywhere with the right equipment. |B

For a start if you crank a stereo "Too the max" it'll probably sound crap.

You want a well setup system that you determine the max volume. Not the max the headunit can go to. :p

Even a standard factory system can sound decent.

HDi, I like to think music can be properly enjoyed anywhere with the right equipment. |B

I agree, but this car of mine isn't the place.

My indoor equipment is ancient but plays music transparently. Of course I know nothing, being a musician or anything silly like that. My ears don't work etc

Last edited:
I crank it up usually on my daily commute and strangely enough it is always on the way home instead of on the way to work o_O

There's something not quite so invigorating about going to work, funnily enough. I used to do same when I had the Peugeot 406. That had a Clarion/Harman-Kardon/JBL setup and thus was worth listening.

The car was very hushed, not very far off the BMW 528i despite it's 4 cylinder diesel motor. The 2.2 litre DW12TED4 (engine code) was incredibly refined and made the audio kit worthwhile.