When did you last wash your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Ok then so I'm guessing we are all proud car owners and appreciate a good clean car.

They always look so nice when they are shiny so when was the last time you washed your car? Was this a quick clean or a thorough going over?

How frequently do you clean your car?

Last edited:
I cleaned my car at the weekend. wash polish etc misses thinks i'm mad cleaned up around door shuts and under bonnet. took me 5 hours now looks lovely. until it rained this morning....;)

about 2 months ago, really needs done again

spent 2 and a half hours polishing and waxing the wifes when i serviced it the other day
3844648899_0a8bd179df.jpg

3844649181_d1543cd898.jpg

Did a thorough clean around the 20 of july, the 25. I did a quick clean since I was going to a gig and on the way home I had an accident and untill 2 weeks ago it sat at my driveway but now it is at a garage so I will hopefully get it freshly painted and beautyful this weekend and then it will be waxed and cleaned well and made ready for the rapidly approaching winter

Usually clean it every weekend and do a full valet (inside / under bonnet/ inner door sills etc) about every month. needs doing now though.

well mine was washed and polished yesterday by the car wash out the front as they had nothing to do lol
but when ever there is a show on every week but this one will be washed down when ever its dry

just bought a little jeep and that will only get washed if i cant see out of the window

i clean my car ever two weeks or such, but i spend like 5 hours on the job, doing proper wash, wax, interior, alloys, everything, looks lush when finished, but for some reason red shows up dirt quite a bit!!!, better than a black car i suppose.

Clean(ed) it with the jet wash every two weeks or so, used to wax it about once a month. its muddy around here so frequent cleaning is vital to avoid rust. strangly i always forgot the door shuts, id finish, start to go for a drive, open the door, see the dirt and have to clean it again.

ah good times, sigh, I miss my car!

Spend most saturday afternoons washing mine and cleaning alloys inside and out, also using quick spray on wax cuts down on time.neighbours think its all i do .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did mine yesterday and it looks the danglies! I spent 3 hours in total and even got the wheels up to almost new!

Rain doesn't count jarrus :lol:!

lol then rain it is,

nah i'm just kidding I washed it 2 weeks ago, I don't wash it often because I'm usually busy doing something else or it has something to do with the fact that the exterior of my car is a bit worse for ware at the moment and I feel demoralised every time I clean it as I know it still isn't the way I want it :(

why wash a car. lol j/k. been a bit since i last did the wifes. really needs it. has went from tan to brown again. oh well at least i don't have to wax it, well not til i get it painted that is.

Just done my car but thats only because i own a valeting / detailing company and it would not look good if my car and vans are dirty, But i give her a real good detailing once every 6 months, That is clay machine hard wax then sealent and ive just done a diamondbrite in and out then a after glaze just to give her that wet look you know what i mean, But she get's washed and wax once a week.

That is why i use certain products for different types of paint and if the car as fallout on her, But yes it is the product that makes a valet look good not just the valeter.

Washed it last thursday, the day after my mothers sister borrowed it and went up to our summerhouse in the country, now it's filthy. Last weeks clean was thorough but didn't have the time to wax it at the time so now it's tomorrows project after work to clean (again) and wax the car

havent washed the new one yet. waiting for cash to arrive, bloody cheques !!!!! (but thats another thing)
then going to treat the old girl with ma's guide me thinks. if he has finished the whole thing yet ? lol
before that i washed the the 318i 2 days before i sold it. try to do it every 1-2 weeks. but aint had the time or effort at the mo lol

Anyone know a good wheels product to get the yellowing out of the corners of my chrome rims?

Unfortunatly, a curb removed some clearcoat on one of them, but I'd like to make the others look nice!

I had a great thought the other week.
"Does brake cleaner get the dust and dirt from the corner bits of your alloys"?
The answer is "Yes".
and my wheels go in on thursday for a complete re furb. all 4. cos they're covered in white streaks that you cant get off with anything other than a sandblaster.
Gutted...Just a bit
Stupid...oh yes.