Whats your worst experience as a passenger?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When I was younger an old relative gave me a lift and he was pretty blind and deaf and even though I couldn't drive I knew I was in danger and we had several near misses and he didn't even seem to notice the people shouting and beeping their horns at him!

I told him that this was just round the corner from my house and walked the last 3 miles home!

Why don't people over 70 have to take a compulsory reflex and eye sight test to renew their licence? Most of em will be ok but it will get the bad and stubborn ones off our roads.

i know you feel, uncle took the family out for the day, felt like asking if i could drive...

often smacked my head on the window, and you darent say anything so you keep it tongued :lol:

however a friend who recently passed his test scared the crap out of me.

There are a lot of people I know and sadly have to travel with that really don't seem to be in command of their senses.

It's quite possible to be scared at 45 mph on a de-restricted road with a poor driver and quite possible to relax at 110mph with a capable driver.

when my nan was in hospitay and my (french pile of shite) was broken again my grandad drove me to the hospita;, i was so scared he tail gated ever car on the A13 and didnt even look as we pulld off round a RB i was shitting it big style that was the last time i ever got in the car with him he is a danger to us all...!! lol lol

waynne said:
Why don't people over 70 have to take a compulsory reflex and eye sight test to renew their licence? Most of em will be ok but it will get the bad and stubborn ones off our roads.

In Iceland people have to go to a doctor to test their eyesight to renew their drivers license at 70 and over.

I've never had a bad passanger experience in a car but I was a passenger in a Zodiac in a wery bad wether and we allmost flipped, I allmost fell out and my uncle was really close to breaking his finger when we came down from one of the jumps while he tried to grab the handle in the front of his seat. Besides that it was a great trip. Really fun to jump that way in a boat and a nice adrenalin rush.