Whats the most expensive car you have ever driven?

The most expensive car I have driven is my brother's 1.6 Focus Zetec (2006). It felt slow and heavy (especially when compared to my Civic) and I didn't like the clutch. My car is the second most expensive car I have driven, and I love it!! But I've only been driving around 1 and a half years so there is plenty of time to drive expensive cars!

Probably a 70 grand Range Rover Supercharged. Fast, but meh, big.

Also driven a 3.2 litre Diesel M Class, which is my parents. A 350z, which is a friend in Americas, and a S500 Merc, older one. Dead nice.

Uncle has a Vantage, not driven that yet. All by the age of 20! Not too bad I guess.

probably a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder luxury edition. It might not be that expensive but it's nice to drive and I actually don't any people on a car that you could catagorize as wery expensive

Three month old Jaguar XKR in 2001. New list price £56,700. Needless to say effortless performance (should be with 400bhp!). It's a truly indulgent with a huge bodyshell with such a tiny two seat cabin.

Would I have one if I had spare cash to blow on a weekend car? No, I'd get a a four year old Porshe 911 Carrera because I still reckon it to be the finest driving machine ever conceived. If you're going to drive a cramped car you might as well have a ridiculously quick one!

Now, where's the lottery numbers?

mmm BMW 1 series 2 ltr diesel on a 06 plate which is the operations manager company car but available to anybody who needs it for company issues, i had to take someone to hospital, and i hated it.
yes it went quick enough but the turbo whined so loud i could here it over the radio.
there was no head room even on the lowest setting my head was still bashing off the roof
the reverse gear took forever to find, it seemed to sit just off the central part of the gate , you had to go nearer 2nd before the gear stick would move across

or maybe it was the 07 plated merc vito people carrier that i had to drive cadets about in for a weekend, for something so large i was shocked it could move so well

yeah it was really smooth to drive. took some time to get used to the auto box thou once that was figured out to stop it down shifting every time i went near the go pedal you couldnt even notice the changes.

had it for around 500 miles over a weekend and at the end it felt so weird jumping back into a normal sized car

Ooh, time to boast and be smug. ;):lol:

In 2000 I drove a Ferrari, not sure which one as I don't much like them. It was bloody quick but the clutch was too heavy, it felt too small inside and it was horrible to drive. The only thing it had going for it was the 0-60 time. I have also driven a proper 70's Porsche 911, a late 911 Carrera GT4, a 928S, a DeLorean DMC12 (which was rubbish), A TVR Tuscan and a Griffith, have owned 2 porsche 924's (Still have one but its in bits), and I own the only 1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite in the UK.

I can't think of any more.

:mrgreen:

I did drive a 928 S4 back in the early 1990's. Not the most expensive as it was over 8 years old. Liked it though. It's always been called the girlie Porsche. Dunno why. That V8 32 valve lump is gorgeous. I understand that they're getting rare now. And I still can't afford to run one, never mind buy it.

It's always been called the girlie Porsche. Dunno why. That V8 32 valve lump is gorgeous. I understand that they're getting rare now. And I still can't afford to run one, never mind buy it.

I dunno why either, I thought it was a superb car and more fun than the 911's.

Limited experience of 911's leaves me to agree with you. The 928 was great because it was basically over the top for Porsche. Shove an engine in the front and let the light back end create the entertainment.

Oddly, the 911s used to be tail happy because of the heavy back end but Porsche fixed that over twenty years ago.

How, Dunno?

sadly the most expensive car i've driven was my g/f's honda hrv, or perhaps a new corsa courtesy car.

Either ways it's not to good.

Thinking of selling my vr6 and going for a v6 4motion but don't know much about them. I'd prefer to get an R32 but that ain't going to happen for a while yet.

Last edited:
when I first came to Turkey I met a guy who had built his own kitcar. It was a replica of the Cobra and he had spent about 80,000 dollars on it. He had fitted a 6.3 v8 and supercharged it. It had a bout 500 bhp on tap. I drove it for about 20 minutes and nearly scared the living crap outta myself. What a beast! one day I gonna get one of those ,n,but I try for a poverty model first.

Thinking of selling my vr6 and going for a v6 4motion but don't know much about them. I'd prefer to get an R32 but that ain't going to happen for a while yet.

couple of quick figs for you then

4 motion 2.8 - 204 bhp 199 ftlb
R32 - 240 bhp 235 ftlb

35 bhp form 400cc

have you thought about downgrading to either the 2.3 V5 (170bhp 160 ftlb) , pretty much giving these away around £3k nobody seems top want them and they sound different. or looking for the anniversary 1.8T (180bhp 173 ftlb very nice and smooth to drive ) think the 2003 - end Mark IV's had the 180 engine as well

wow... i guess im pretty lucky lol. i'm 18 and i work 2 jobs, one as a pizza maker and the other as a valet parker. i own a 1986 porsche targa(262k miles).(panty dropper) and i've driver, in random order.... 997 porsche turbo(opened it up, insanely fast), 997 base carrera (not worth the cash, just get a turbo). ummm i stomped on the gas twice in a sl 55 AMG and also in a sl500... didnt like either one, the 55 was insane, but had no grip and the sl500 wasn't as fast as i would have liked it to be.. i've also driven a couple s550 (100k).. they are nice but not my style. also my dad has an s2000 which is nice.. handles very well. hmmmm thats all the really nice stuff i've had a chance to drive... but i've also driven quite a few CLK's, BMW 3 series, a 350z, modded g35, Mini cooper s with cosworth stroker kit, cobalt ss and ls. oh and a countless amount of lame cars, like pt cruisers, and SUVs... no ferrari's, lambo's or bently's yet tho

couple of quick figs for you then

4 motion 2.8 - 204 bhp 199 ftlb
R32 - 240 bhp 235 ftlb

35 bhp form 400cc

have you thought about downgrading to either the 2.3 V5 (170bhp 160 ftlb) , pretty much giving these away around £3k nobody seems top want them and they sound different. or looking for the anniversary 1.8T (180bhp 173 ftlb very nice and smooth to drive ) think the 2003 - end Mark IV's had the 180 engine as well

Cheers for the tips.

My mate has mentioned the 1.8T a few times but I love the sound of the V engines. I've been having a look on autotrader and I'm thinking of trying to get the V6 4motion(swayed by the 4x4).
Althought my g/f has mentioned she'd go halfs on an Audi TT.
So it looks like i have some thinking to do, not sure I could handle sharing a car with my g/f tho.

i couldnt the wife suggested getting 1 car between us and a small car or keeping her rover for use when 1 of us needed the larger car

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i prefer to have my own car and look after it myself. for instance i change my oil every 6-7k the wife here rovers had 2 changes in 44k miles, both by me. and the tt aint that practicable

the 1.8t a nice engine the speed build up that quick when the turbos o and with it being smooth you dont relise it until your looking at the speedo reading 90 it not bad on fuel either waynne says hes getting around 37mpg form the 150. where i live its all open and i get 32mpg from a 180 engine thats a lot of short journeys ( under 10 miles) when i take it to edinburgh im clearing 40mpg average on the way up and 42 on the way back

The 1.8T engine has a symphony of its own with the Turbo spinning up and a real snarl at full chat. (V8s are sweeeeeet though!)

i'd really like to stick with a V engine.

atm i average about 21-25mpg but thats due to a fair amount of town driving, and maybe a heavy foot. on the motor way i get around 35mpg.