Whats the best car youve ever been stuck in traffic with?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We all get stuck in traffic with alarming regularity. What is the best or most interesting car you have ever been stuck behind?

I got stuck behind a DB9 - beautiful lines and could have happily stayed there all day long. What about you or do you always get stuck behind a big lorry or ugly white van?

Normally the Clio with 5 "heads" in it, sat on its arches, ragged to crap with people in the back staring at me.

As I sit there and grin.

That, or the typical Micra/Van/Lorry

I got stuck behind a 206 race car on a trailer on the M25, was caged and I think fibreglassed body with those paint on lights, hehe. But I remember being stuck in traffic with Nick (faze9327492) when he was driving his birds BMW Mini Cooper and he was harrassing some dude in a Ferrari!

No traffic in N.Z unfortunately, only get stuck behind dairy trucks!

Oh that was Nick trying to overtake me in the mini....

:lol: Where is he now, don't suppose you hear from him?

a kit car with a lambo shell, made a racket, and when it got out of traffic and tried to speed off, well it wasnt so fast

This week I have been behind 2 Enzos, 3 aston Martin Vantages, a DB9 a Volante and a Ferrari Testarossa! Not a bad week for hot cars and traffic jams! Thats Hampshire for you.

I've never been stuck behind a really nice car.

I mean I've been stuck behind Maseratis, TVR's, Aston's and the like but I find them a bit boring, maybe thats because the only really nice car I know of is my Daihatsu Charade and there so rare, I've seen a few others but never been stuck behind one in traffic :lol:

Oh that was Nick trying to overtake me in the mini....

:lol: Where is he now, don't suppose you hear from him?

Yeah I'm still in touch with him! I was working with him a little bit up untill October, he is currently driving (working on) his golf, which I believe he is converting to a 1.8 20v turbo?

Excuse dodgy camera pic.

nick.jpg

nah its not all tractors its more the ones who have a rather large queue behind them drive passed lots of road ends but never pull in.

in this case i find its the older ones who do pull in

I would like to refer to Highway Code 169:

Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

yip i know this you know it so does just about everyone but certain people dont take notice

at stranrar a lot of the lorry drivers are held back to stop them causing queues on the A75 yet nobody bothers with tractors

A Mclaren SLR (well it wasnt in traffic but im sure it counts)
This was before they were supposed to be in the uk - by the time I had though of taking a pic usng the phone it had dissapeared.

yip i know this you know it so does just about everyone but certain people dont take notice

at stranrar a lot of the lorry drivers are held back to stop them causing queues on the A75 yet nobody bothers with tractors

Can they do that on the M25 please? :lol:

I find most of the time I'm in the fast lane and the two inside lanes are just lorries end to end, so you end up with 2 lanes of lorries and 1 lane left for cars.

the best thing i was next to was a bus full of girls they must of been on a long journey cause was lovin the boobs at 10 mph lol.

Been stuck behind both a DB9 and an F430 near London Docklands when visiting various data-centres. Additionally the guy who runs one of the data facilities has an F430, so I do stare at it everytime im there!

Best car I got stuck with was a bright orange Lamborghini on the M20 which got stuck in operation stack with me.