What is your next car likely to be

In a few years I could see me changing the W8 for an E55 AMG. With the current econmics, petrol pricing & taxation - 50-60k mile examples can be found for ~ £20k

In a few years I could see me changing the W8 for an E55 AMG. With the current econmics, petrol pricing & taxation - 50-60k mile examples can be found for ~ £20k

you're sounding like a real rich guy. wow? with the money you buy a e55 amg i could construct my own custom car, all as i want, just for 15000 euros. wow.

Not exactly 'rich' - £20k is about the price of decently specc'd mondeo and £10k less than a reasonably specc'd FreeLander! - and I know which one i'd have. E55 !

Last edited:
Not exactly 'rich' - £20k is about the price of decently specc'd mondeo and £10k less than a reasonably specc'd FreeLander! - and I know which one i'd have. E55 !

In the 20k bracket, the used car market is your oyster! I wouldn't know where to start...

... & don't say the Autotrader! :toung:​

I do try and tell this to my father.. but he insists on spending £30-40k on new cars every 3 years.

new car every 3 years? are u supposed to do that? i mean, used cars are way better to be tuned and stuff cause you can keep it as much as you want, you wont care that much about damages, which are easy to fix, and you'll have more money to mod it your way.

You lost a lot of money on a new car. Sometimes more than half in the first 3 years.

Old cars tend to get tuned and cusomised more but I think that is just because they are getting old and need to be freshened up a bit. If you get a new car it is probably running well and you wont want to void the warrantee.

man, today i was in skopje, a big city northern from my town some 64 km, actually the capital city of my country and guess what i saw:
ferrari 599 GTB fiorano
bentley continental GT convertible
damn.....
but the bentley didn't impressed me much, it looked inside more as a mercedes s class, nothing special, while the ferrari did impress me with it's brakes, the 599 has a total new type of brakes, with somekinda liquid, dunno exactly, but they are so cool.

I intend to keep my Civic forever! So the next car would probably be a daily drive...maybe a Mitsubishi Eclipse. :lol: That or a family car (my idea of a family car is an Evo! :lol:).

Likewise my Elan. had it over 30 years already! Other cars I drive (other than the Robin Hood) are just a means of transportation so can be anything. Modern cars are so good now, compared to 20-30 years ago, that I don't care what I drive. If you ignore the One Make jealots and the odd bad experience, all cars are much of a muchness when driven like an old man wearing a hat and smoking a pipe :)

Likewise my Elan. had it over 30 years already! Other cars I drive (other than the Robin Hood) are just a means of transportation so can be anything. Modern cars are so good now, compared to 20-30 years ago, that I don't care what I drive. If you ignore the One Make jealots and the odd bad experience, all cars are much of a muchness when driven like an old man wearing a hat and smoking a pipe :)

i don't agree that modern cars are better.

I want a Mk5 Golf GTTDI next. They are awesome cars and probaly one of the best diesels around.

Not gettin rid of mine for at least another 2 years. After that though it's audi s3 time. 300bhp after a map, 4 wheel drive, yes please.

A mate of mine has a civic jordan. Id go for the glanza v turbo (assume thats wat u meant by starlet turbo?) as the tuning possibilities are infinitely better. Dont get me wrong the jordan is a nice car and pretty quick but when u get bored of the power its harder 2 do somethin bout it!