What is your next car likely to be

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
What can you see yourself buying as your next car? How long do you think it will be before you make the swap?

I quite fancy something a bit different. Maybe a kit car or another Classic Beetle like my old 1303s with big rear wheels and a 2000cc engine!

Well I'll soon be having a new car. Can't make my mind up what thought. I've got a choice of these. A ford focus 1.6, A Vauxhall Astra 1.6 A vauxhall Vectra 1.8, A Mazda 3 1.6, Or on the wild side A Mazda Mx-5 1.8. But its wild because I have a 3 year old son who lives with me. But I think he'd love the Mx-5 Top down wind in our hair lol:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Really want a VXR 2 litre, but its not very likely so will prob settle for a gsi 1.8, a ford focus, a gti or a old bmw.

prob go for an A4 but liking the look of the new sorroco.
not going to be changing it for a while yet least 3 years so that give time for the prices to drop

I intend to keep my Civic forever! So the next car would probably be a daily drive...maybe a Mitsubishi Eclipse. :lol: That or a family car (my idea of a family car is an Evo! :lol:).

im looking at an euro r accord, i think their mental
plus you have the benifits of having a fast car in a family saloon

also looking for an older prelude to mine 1990 shape with the pop up lights
i want a s2000
and im fantasising about an nsx

id be better off if i owned honda
my head wouldnt be melted everytime i look at the auto trader

those preludes are great mate but watch out i made sure i had a spare set of motros for the lights.

not very economical or really that powerful but weighed next to nothing

those preludes are great mate but watch out i made sure i had a spare set of motros for the lights.

not very economical or really that powerful but weighed next to nothing
yeah, i know, i had a 89 accord before, great car, but youde have more protection in a crash with a tennis racket

i just want it as a project car more than an everyday 1
i saw a few modded on the net and they look nice

I'd want something special an RS4 or EvoX. Its a long way off though if I'm honest.

I am still incredibly happy with my car though so see no need to change.

An R8 would be nice but it would need to depreciate about 85% before I could consider it. Roll on the Recession eh?

I'd want something special an RS4 or EvoX. Its a long way off though if I'm honest.

I am still incredibly happy with my car though so see no need to change.

An R8 would be nice but it would need to depreciate about 85% before I could consider it. Roll on the Recession eh?
i always liked audi especially the rs4
would love the rs6 if im been honest
roll on the recession is right mate

say, do you want to star in my new film???
its called heat 2,
the only thing though is, you better be a good actor as we can only shoot the scene once.. ha ha
but this recession cant last forever so hopefully someday you get what you want mate

forgot to mention in other posts that i hope to have my prelude for another 15 years
ive never found a car that i dont get sick of, until this 1
without doubt, the best car honda made ( i havent drove a s2000 yet)

Hmmm, now its either one of two.

An Audi A4 1.8T quattro 2003 (estate or not, estate would be good for getting bike bits and taking my go kart to the track when I enter next season's GP)

or a Civic 1.6VTEC (B16A2)

not sure which one but I think Im leaning towards the Audi quattro.

As I have my bike as my main transport as its soo cheap to insure and tax, and for fuel, the car doesnt have to be that practical, but I do like the Audi estate for reasons listed.

hi steve mate,
id go for the audi aswell, and im a honda head, but chances are you wont pick up a vtec civic thats not thrashed
england might be different, but over here its impossible to get a clean civic vtec
there all screwed to death ( which is what there made for)
but young fellas dont look after cars, which is why their all #!#!#!#!ed

i really wanted another mk3 astra but being practical thats not going to happen so next on the list would have been an s3 always wanted to own a 4x4 turbo but with the way funds are going i will say more than likely i will have a mk4 golf gti they are really growing on me at the moment seen a few lightly modded 1's recently lowered tints nice wheels and a remap i think i would be happy but black of course :)

I like Golf TFSi engines. Petrol top end with midrange grunt that we all now come to expect from high performance diesels.

And with the disparity between diesel and petrol pricing in the UK it's likely you'll not suffer too much on the economy front. (And who buys a 230bhp car for economy anyway?)

I like Golf TFSi engines. Petrol top end with midrange grunt that we all now come to expect from high performance diesels.

And with the disparity between diesel and petrol pricing in the UK it's likely you'll not suffer too much on the economy front. (And who buys a 230bhp car for economy anyway?)

very true mate !!! i know i could in reality live without my car but i want 1 so im happy to pay to own my pride and joy :confused: (cant belive i just typed that but its true :()

Nothing wrong with that at all.

I don't see my car as a pride and joy as such. But I do enjoy having an easy and effortless drive and am happy to pay for the privilege. Having the midrange shove of a 3.5 litre plus V8 petrol is great fun, especially when passengers are struggling to assimilate the quiet and smooth nature of it with the fact there's a diesel engine under the bonnet.

tbh mate i would really consider a tdi probably a fabia vrs but unless the price of diesel comes down i dont really see a point cause im actually doing better in my car than the van at the minute

tbh mate i would really consider a tdi probably a fabia vrs but unless the price of diesel comes down i dont really see a point cause im actually doing better in my car than the van at the minute

The only query I have is whether your van has got the same aerodynamic qualities as your car has.

The only query I have is whether your van has got the same aerodynamic qualities as your car has.

well at the minute im using a citreon dispatch 1.9d and will openly admit its not very aerodynamic and has very poor power delivery in higher gears 4th, 5th lower gears are fine but still very poor on mpg probably cause i have to use lower gears to keep the speed up :confused:

I would probs be looking for a VW POLO Coupe G40. But they are so rare now I would settle with a Golf or some sort of Jap import

mate the g40 is a cracking engine thrown £2000 at these engines they can make scooby owners wander what the #!#!#!#! just happened
this happened to me a while back the lad over the road from me had 1 but would never play when i had my clio 16v no idea why but 1 day i happened to have him behind me when i had my astra gsi so i came of the lights spotted he was right behind me so i put my foot down expecting i had left him for dead only to find he was only inches from my bumper the only time a gained ground was round the round about but he was soon right behind me the only reason the fun came to an end was that he blew an oil seal but for a 1.3 against a 2.0 i was very impressed :bigsmile:

That's possibly why it seems artificially thirsty. The 1.9 engines are of the older XUD generation and they will use a little bit more fuel than a common rail unit to achieve the same performance. But if your van was fitted with a petrol engine of similar power capability you'd find it very fuel hungry.

I remember using a Ford Transit in early 1995 to do a round trip to Devon (from here, circa 200 miles each way). It had the twin cam 2.0i petrol engine fitted. Averaged 19mpg on the trip. Not good.

That's possibly why it seems artificially thirsty. The 1.9 engines are of the older XUD generation and they will use a little bit more fuel than a common rail unit to achieve the same performance. But if your van was fitted with a petrol engine of similar power capability you'd find it very fuel hungry.

I remember using a Ford Transit in early 1995 to do a round trip to Devon (from here, circa 200 miles each way). It had the twin cam 2.0i petrol engine fitted. Averaged 19mpg on the trip. Not good.

mate not good is not the word here thats what im getting from my car on average and will admit i like a little fun ;)

Perhaps this is where diesel rears its not so ugly head. I average nearly 40mpg in the Peugeot and I drive it quickly. I know everyone will say yeah yeah diesel, slow etc. It's not.

In its current state of tune (stock standard car with a custom remap being the only mod) it delivers 192bhp, with 320+ lbft torque. It's quick. Not quick 'for a diesel'. As discused elsewhere, 30-60 in third gear is achieved in under 5 seconds. 50-70 in gear 4 is under four seconds.

In terms of cost of running, diesels do demand expensive oils and filters if you're not to wreck the car. And the fuel price is higher than petrol.

so in reality not much difference between a tuned pertrol and a tuned diesel in reality over an annual running cost ???

Realistically, I'd like a Type-R Civic or a Scirocco (200bhp version though)

Slightly less realistically, I'd like an Evo (Probably a Evo 9 by the time I change my Golf)

And slightly less realistically then that, I'd like what will be the Nissan 370z (When they release it...)

But I've got the Golf for another 2 years yet, so thats okay! Would like a rear wheel drive/4wd car though more than another Front wheel.

If they made a rear wheel Scirocco/Type R I'd go for that, but they dont, so an Evo sounds a lot of fun.

so in reality not much difference between a tuned pertrol and a tuned diesel in reality over an annual running cost ???

There probably is a difference in favour the diesel but it's not quite a wide as perhaps we all imagine. Some will point out that my 2.2 HDi is vastly more economical than the 2.2i petrol counterpart. Yes, it is. And the remap actually has improved economy in my case.

But the point here is that we're pitching engines of similar size against each other not engines of similar performance. The 2.2 petrol would not get anywhere near the 2.2HDi in performance stakes.

So, pitch it against the 211bhp V6 and you get a fairer comparison, giving the petrol unit a chance to redeem itself.

What can you see yourself buying as your next car? How long do you think it will be before you make the swap?

I quite fancy something a bit different. Maybe a kit car or another Classic Beetle like my old 1303s with big rear wheels and a 2000cc engine!

you own a old beetle? 1303? nice.
a friend of mine just bought one days ago. he got it for 300 euros, and he painted it for 300 euros as well, and added on it a 1600cc beetle engine. he had some bbs 17inch rims with low profile tyres, yokohama i think.

as me, that don't have a car right now, i'm looking to get a crashed car with documents so i can fix it, and instead of putting in it stock parts, i'll be adding some extra stuff. i'm looking any kinda car that has more than 1.8l engine and hopefully RWD.
the nissan 200 sx i was looking for, both of them were suspicious, and none with documents, so however that i liked them, it wasn't worth to buy none of them.

My next car will be a Honda DC5 Integra Type R or a S2000 GT. But there's lots of fun to be had with my current car first :amuse:
hi loz, what is a talon 100r???
can you send me a pic of it

ive saw in other posts that it is fast, and ive never heard of 1 so they are rear, im intrested in seeing 1
thanks mate