Car
2002 Clio 172
What are your top 5 favourite cars.

1) Bugatti Veyron
2) Ariel Atom
3) Ferrari F40
4) Koneisegg
5) AC Cobra

I guess this makes me a bit of a power friek! :confused::confused::confused::cheesy::D:lol:

Can't we do top 5 cars you can actually afford, or top 5 cars you've actually driven?

Not to put a dampner on things, but we're not 12! :bigsmile:

It's hard to pick five top cars without some constraints. Even top five you've driven is difficult if, let's say, you've driven something exotic and expensive but didn't think much of it.

I'll have a stab at my top five mainstream cars without going into silly priced models. These are in no particular order. I'm also taking the liberty of voting discontinued models whilst being careful to ensure that nostalgia doesn't take precedence over common sense.

Perhaps these are the five modest cars that have surprised and delighted me the most over and above what I expected of them:-

1. Ford Mondeo - (current model and immediately preceding model);
2. Seat Toledo V5 (1999 year model) - lovely engine note;
3. Peugeot 405 1.9i GTX (yes, this is a historical vote, circa 88-89);
4. Current model Nissan Micra (2003 onward - not the tiny engine ones or the dCi 63bhp);
5. Audi A6 (98 V6 TDi saloon).

I may not be 12 but I still have favourite dream cars. From your list Xavier I gues we are talking out and out fantasy supercars.

1) Lamborghini Reventon
2) Mercedes SLR 722
3) Honda Integra DC5 Type R
4) Aston Martin Vanquish
5) Audi R8

3 may seem to be an odd ball in this company but I still consider the DC5 to be the finest FWD car in the world, until perhaps I drive the Focus RS which looks very impressive on paper at least.;)

1) Clio v6
2) Golf R32
3) Focus RS
4) Ariel Atom
5) Ford Mustang

Bit of a hot hatch fan me... like a bit of muscle too, and always loved the atom

i have always loved the ac cobra for it's crazy power to weight ratio...( especially in the day ! )having said that it does fall on it's face for handling in the twists. give me a b veyron any day.. i will listen to my nachamichi sound while enjoying my ac and still beating most everything out there!!! if it does come up short it is only because of some street legal race car that rides like crap and is so hot you can't stand it! this coming from a mercedes 600 sel owner. love doing 250kph+ in comfort and style

1, lancia delta s4
Lancia-Delta_S4_1985_photo_03.jpg

2, swb audi quattro dialynx
dadsmagpics037.jpg

3, honda integra
2987.jpg

4, mg metro 6r4
1469308565_fc7169f0b8.jpg

5, aston martin db5
astonmartindb5frontside61.jpg

Last edited:
1 - Ariel Atom
2 - 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500
3 - Corvette Stingray
4 - Nissan 370Z
5 - Toyota Aygo (not the standard version, the 'Crazy' version)

mine would be:

1. Vauxhall Cavalier SRi/GSi
2. Toyota Corolla AE86
3. Honda Civic Type R ('95-'00)
4. Nissan Silvia 180sx
5. Nissan Skyline R34|BMW 325i Sport (cant decide which!!)

no big supercars for me :p lol

toyota corolla ke70
toyota celica ta22 gtv
toyota corolla ae82
toyota corolla ae86
and i'm still waiting for the 5th

honda nsx
ford mustang rouge
any honda type r
ferrari 355f
porche 911 turbo = aka bad boys

Just reading through my list and It's changed

1 Audi R8
2 AC Cobra
3 Ferrari F40
4 Ferrari Enzo
5 911 GT3

What is your current list of top 5 cars and have your opinions changed since you last posted in this thread?

1 Porsche 911 GT3 (Dream car since i was a kid)
2 Shelby Mustang GT500 (1967)
3 Mclaren F1
4 Pontiac Firebird
5 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe (1996)

I know that Cavalier has nothing in common with the cars in that List but Chevy cavalier was my First car so yeh ... it has a special place in my heart