What Identfies a sports car to you?

Lunchmoney

The Torque Meister
Car
'98 JDM Impreza STI
Detour from this thread about what is a sports car to you, here's another question;
barring the obvious super/hyper cars, what identifies a sports car to you?

The other day it occurred to me (when checking the brakes on my mum's Micra) that sports cars do not have drum brakes. So disc brakes all round is a subtle clue, though not always conclusive.

Massive intercooler at the front, or a big bonnet scope leading to a top mounted one (like Scobies :) ) is big giveaway :woot: as are large spoilers and wings :)

I would say that TVR isn't a supercar maker but they certainly don't make family cars. I know that is brand specific.
Any car that has 140bhp upwards? I suppose it would depend on car or power to weight ratio?
You could say any car with a V6 or bigger but then there are Range Rovers which are not a sports car.
It is an interesting question you throw in the mix here|B

Aerodynamics and shape for me.

I would differentiate between a sports car and a supercar though. 0-60 in 7 seconds is pretty sporty in my book.

So looks and performance are my guide to whether a car is a sports car or not.

Yes, 0-60 in 7 is definitely a sport one for ma as well. I just look at the shape mostly, it's quite easy to notice which one was designed with the intention to drive fast :p