What does your car smell of?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
New cars smell of plastic, carpets and leather. What does your car currently smell of?

Mine still smells of plastic - the new radio I think but there is an overtone of chocolate, a delicate hint of crisps and the heady scent of fresh cut grass with a subtle hint of trainers! :lol:

Coke - spilled a whole 2 litre bottle last night - the cap wasn't screwed on! :lol:

Decosol screen wash after I accidentally put the whole 5 litre think in to the reservoir - the aroma through the air vents has to be experienced. It's pure isopropanol on speed

I got one of those new car air freshners for my car! They don't smell too good though so I'm not sure how long I'm going to stick it out for!

I got one of those new car air freshners for my car! They don't smell too good though so I'm not sure how long I'm going to stick it out for!

I've tried those, they're about as far from a 'new car' smell as you can get in my experience. At least your car doesn't smell of McDonalds :p

Back in the 70s I was using Castrol R40 engine oil. Amazing smell when hot but not so nice when cold. 40 years on and I still know when a passing bike is using it :)

I've tried those, they're about as far from a 'new car' smell as you can get in my experience. At least your car doesn't smell of McDonalds :p

Mind you, having experienced many 'freshners' in other cars, I prefer McD to most of them :)