What does your car say about you

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Looking at peoples cars we tend to make a judgement call, we can't seem to help it.

So what do you think your car says about you? And what does it really say?

My Audi says I'm reliable dependable and serious. I think it just shouts boring accountant or architect though!

My car doesn't say anything about me, but it says "get out of the passing lane grandma" to the car in front of me.

New build motor in low pix.jpg Yea
You drive a Skyline? I'll gladly get out of the passing lane for you, sir.
Haha, just about finished the build, only have to have the ID1300 injectors installed, find where a bit of water is going and the tune. It has been a long 6 months.
I did some mods on the drivetrain , tossed the OS quad clutch for a Nismo Coppermix C Spec twin (great street clutch) Quaife front diff, modified the Transfer case + 30% and had a Nismo 2-way LSD in the back and it all seems to work well together in and out of corners. Just hope the getrag 6 speed box will be OK, just have to be careful going into 3rd, this seems to be the gear that goes POP !
Once it is done I can clean it up and ready to ride :)

Problem is that the more the clutch and transfer box are modded to produce direct drive without any give or slip the more stick the gearbox gets
Adding more plates to the transfer box is that type of mod but with a getrag you should be ok.
The getrags are usually good for a fair amount more than you have .
In fcat your figures are about the same as mine and my 5 speed is still going strong

Yes you are right and I changed the OS Quad because of its on/off action to the coppermix C Spec twin and it is easier to drive and easier on the driveline and holds more HP than I will have.

As you said and I was told, if I am not flogging the car the box should hold up OK. The only time I will put it at any risk is at play time or stuffing a change badly.

The torque the car has compared to before the build, even with no final tune it is very noticeable , it drives so much better. I look forward to the cams being dialed in and some boost. You are in the trade, when do you think it will be fully spooled, I am hoping for 3500 rpm ish ??

With a bigger turbo and cams the HP can go through the roof but it changes everything I want out of the car. It also gets to a place where you have to look at changing to a stronger box/sequential.

I do not know what the final tune will produce but 400awkw ish to get the best response I can and when E85 is introduced ??

Sorry Waynne off topic :oops: but the info is helpful|B
PS, I think the car says I am getting, car obsessed with tunnel vision:rolleyes:

Fully spooled up by 3500 would be really something , personally I think it may be higher possibly at say 4250 but that would still be a hell of a car to drive as you would still pull hard from under 3500

Either way you should have more low end grunt than mine and I have 500ft lbs at 4000rpm with max torque at 5000.

Fully spooled up by 3500 would be really something , personally I think it may be higher possibly at say 4250 but that would still be a hell of a car to drive as you would still pull hard from under 3500

Either way you should have more low end grunt than mine and I have 500ft lbs at 4000rpm with max torque at 5000.

I think you may be closer to the mark.

Without the cams dialed in and 14psi it is going pretty good at just under 5000rpm , the limiter kicks in before 5000rpm.
The car will pull in any gear from 2000rpm up hill and there is reasonable torque from idle. There very little need for gear change in 6th at at 80kph.(50mph) Already it is a fun car to drive and long trips are a pleasure.

Before the build the air started at 2800 rpm, fully spooled at approx 5000 rpm, limiter was set at 9500rpm and I was hoping to get it down about 1000 rpms with the extra .6 Lt , Os Valves and the custom 260 10.8 cams with a sharp ramp rate. They will be dialed in for response. Limiter will probably be around 7500-8000rpm once finished I think.

But as all of this is new to me and I am on a sharp learning curve , stuffed if I really know, but in a week I will find out where my money went :)