What do you look for when choosing your next car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you are deciding what your next car should be what are your priorities or is just a matter of what you happen to leave the showroom with!

Ideally I would need something with 4 doors and plenty of boot space. Jo blew the headgasket on the van last wednesday (can't believe I've had 2 go in a month :rolleyes: ) so I am in the process of putting my '74 Rover back on the road. 8) Those SpaceCruisers have a tendancy to warp and crack things when they get hot, so thats dead now. Trouble is that I can't decide weather to keep it and put a new (bigger :wink: ) engine in it or to just bin it.

hmmm, i never jump in to buying a car (unless i was buying a koenigsegg) i do alot of research into it asking people if they've had trouble with them if theyve owned one before.

this way i know what to budget for when things do go wrong.

i prefer hot hatches to most cars just due to fun factor and 'chuckability' :eek:

yeah the same, do some research into the car... read alotof reviews, see if they have it in black :p (black cars look so much better!) then get the best spec i can afford, i prefer hatchbacks atm, but i'm only a student so don't have any need for anything bigger

Power and economy for insuarnace group. I always get the fastest car I cn afford to insure and the MPG adds up over time so I take this into account.

when i was looking i looked at insurance groups first then went on word of mouth with what cars are best. then i ignored all of that and bought an sxi :shock: on a positive note, the 1.2 16v group 3 dohc ecotec engine produces the same outputish as the group 4 1.4 sohc engine on earlier models.

also style and potentiol, good mpg and adequate pickup for my age and budget, not the quickest off the mark but im slowly workin my way up :wink: and thats it, needs bootspace for a shoulder bag.