What car will be worth more in 5 years

VW Golf GTI mk1 in stock, factory condition with original parts. there are still around here. plus you can go to other countries like mine, where i did a mistake for not buying a datsun 510 4 door 2 years ago for 200 euros.

Dunno about mileage, wouldn't put me off but I suppose it depends what car model it is. £100k supercars buyers probably want low as they can get. Something like my old 944Turbo had 170k miles and still made a profit

Dunno about mileage, wouldn't put me off but I suppose it depends what car model it is. £100k supercars buyers probably want low as they can get. Something like my old 944Turbo had 170k miles and still made a profit
Those 944's are fetching really good money now. About 20 years ago they were ignore and pretty much avoided. How things change in just a few years.

RS Ford prices have gone crazy. RS500's now over 100k for the best ones even a 3dr at 40k for a good one. They have gone up 3 fold in the last 5 years. Even a good Saph that bottomed at 3k are now fetching 15/18k. There are not a lot of these cars left most were crashed/broken when they were worth very little. Its a bit sad as they are now bought for investment potential & locked away.

A lot of 1980s motoring are rocketing away in value if it's the right model. 80s was the era of GroupB homologation specials and the Turbo was fitted to everything, literally (my Hoover vacuum had Turbo plastered across the front) and we now have 40 something year olds that remember how they lusted after uncle Bobs Cosworth or their neighbors Porsche and now they can have one and make more money on them then what the banks will give. I've made profits on both my classics and they're worth even more now 5 years down the line. As Rod says there's not many around and demand is outstripping supply so price goes up, fast!