We have snow

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Ok so last night we had the first smatterings of snow. It's not settled much yet but the roads are slushy and slippery.

What's it like where you are? Do you normally get really bad snow?

Also last night I had snow landing on the windscreen but nothing settled.

Clear skies, low wind and bright, warm (well warmer :lol:) sunshine today.

It's only a matter of time before somebody says it:

Snow is like sex to a woman, you're never really sure when it's going to happen or how many inches you'll get. :lol:

But you can simulate icy roads with your RWD any time; just turn off the traction control!

It's only a matter of time before somebody says it:

Snow is like sex to a woman, you're never really sure when it's going to happen or how many inches you'll get. :lol:

I had best let this one go thru to the keeper otherwise my sense of hunour will get me banned .V( :rofl:

We had bugger all. Can't see it being likely to get any now either. As always, "worst snow for a decade/century hitting the UK!" comes, lands, melts, all in an hour. Pathetic weather here

When there's snow on the roads I always go out and brake hard enough at low speed to exercise the ABS. It makes the pump work and gets fresh brake fluid through the system which has maybe lain dormant for months. It's also a good thing for drivers to do if they've never experienced the noise and feel of the pedal when the ABS kicks in. It's the type of thing some might find a bit disconcerting if they have to brake hard in an emergency.

Activating the ABS "gets fresh fluid thru the system " is not possible as that requires a return line from the caliper to the reservoir to recirculate the fluid.

I bleed the calipers after hard track days to get fresh fluid at the pistons as fluid there has been subject to heating and cooling.

At driver training we insisted that all participants brake hard to experience the ABS noise and pedal pulsations so as not to release the brakes thinking that something was broken in an emergency situation as some cars were so noisy one can be forgiven for thinking that something was broken.

Last edited:
A few flakes here in London but nothing stayed for any length of time. Still ruddy cold though :(

Could do with some of the fluffy flakes here as we are sweltering with high humidity for the last week and the morning news says we have had the hottest January night since 1940 :eek:

Off with her indoors to see "Faulty Towers" the stage play today as it was my birthday gift from the family.
Loved the TV series especially the one where Manuel had a pet hamster/rat :lol:

Last edited: