Water Leak - 323 1.5 1998

adamh323

Car
323 GXi
I have just noticed today that the expansion pot was empty of water filled up and drove 10 miles and half of it was gone nut temp gauge never went above half way. Checking overninght to see if its the pot leaking or if its only when engine is running. Anyone had something similar?? First thoughts are Water pump or Rad.
Done 185,000 miles
Thanks

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

If you overfill the expansion bottle passed the maximum water level mark, then it will dump the excess water fast and then carrying on going. The water pump should be checked but also double check all water hoses for splits especially near the jubilee clips. Also once under pressure give the water hoses a gentle squeeze to see if any leaks are present. Do you have coloured antifreeze in the bottle? if so this will make finding the leak somewhat easier.

Good luck buddy.

Many thanks for that, Ive been checking this morning and I did overfill it so maybe thats what has happened. Just unusual that it was empty in the first place as its never leaked before. I will keep checking over weekend. Cheers

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back