VW Polo Sedan/Vento 1.6L NA - Mod and Upgrade Advice

jicco

Car
POLO SEDAN 1.6
Hi All,

I'm still fairly new here.

My ride is a VW Polo Sedan/Vento 1.6L NA and after countless of reading up and all, I understand that performance upgrade is quite limited. I have since become a Ricer, lol...

Recently, I've come across a few things and got me wondering again.

Firstly, I have a throttle controller installed, it's a RaceChip Response Control. I have always aware of it not being any performance related and could even be a waste of money, but it was just a gadget that I wanted, lol.

Here are some of my queries.

Intake
I've look into this and also understand that it very likely not going to give any gain with just this upgrade. IIRC, any subsequent upgrade to other parts will benefit from intake. I'm looking at

Pipercorss Venom CAI Kit - any good of this?

Ignition Booster

Will this a waste of time or money? I was introduced to a Japanese brand, TM Works VSD 16V and CI.
These 2 give a boost to the ignition coil votage to 16V and maintaining the voltage at the coil. On the limited reviews that I've read about, they are mostly positives.

There's also the D1 Spec VSD IV which on paper does pretty much the same, although I've read some review saying this is not really good.

Currently these are the 2 areas that I'm looking at apart from some upgrades on the handling part.

Any inputs are very much appreciated.

Thanks!