VW Mk 4 Golf TDI upgrades

Ptismith287

Car
Mk IV Golf TDI 130
Hello all, I'm new to the site and looking for some sound advice:)

For the last 7 years I've been the proud owner of a Mk IV WV golf TDI (either 115 or 130 never quite sure!) recently I thought about selling it but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

My plan therefor is to keep it but do some fairly serious work to not only vastly improve performance but to fully future-proof it as well. I don't have a clue about mechanics but I do appreciate a good job well done, and I know there are good people out there who can provide advice and professional work, what I need is to know where to start...

Ideas on a postcard:) thanks in advance

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum my friend :)

If it was me, I would upgrade the brakes a little, you should notice a big improvement with just some performance discs and pads - don't forget the fluid. Uprate the suspension, you could either go for some uprated springs and dampers or go for the full coil over set up - don't forget to get the full geometry done. A free flowing exhaust system would be a good investment, then I would do my research and seek out a good tuner and have the car remapped - don't forget to give the car a full service first BEFORE the remap. If your money will stretch to it, make the remap a custom one as opposed to a generic one for even better results. As for outside aesthetics! No idea! Some things can be bought and look tasteful on the Golf and some just look ruddy awful. Just remember these T9 words of wisdom - think before research before you buy!

Good luck to you and I look forward to the future updates

Howdo.

Do you know the engine code- you can work out if its a 130 from that, provided of course the engine has not been replaced in the past. First three letters show the output. Code is either on a sticker on the timing belt cover, or in the boot.

IIRC the 115 is ASV and the 130 ASZ My Bora 130 was ASZ

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
Darkside Developments. Nuff said ;)
They do everything for the VAG engine from a washer to full 400+bhp turbo upgrade with lsd, big brake kit etc etc.
Awesome GTi also have a huge range of upgrades for the VAG group range.
darksidedevelopments.co.uk
awesomegti.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and a very warm welcome from me the site Admin. Sorry for my slow reply, I've been out of action for a while due to a nasty virus but I'm pretty much back now.

It's good to have you with us. You'll find us one of the most friendly forums around.

Don't be shy, get involved in the many discussions and start new threads or ask questions, our community really thrives on fresh material posted up and we all contribute to help make this site what it is today.

Enjoy your time on here, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and be sure to start up a project thread and keep us updated on your car project as it evolves and comes together.

Hello and a very warm welcome from me the site Admin. Sorry for my slow reply, I've been out of action for a while due to a nasty virus but I'm pretty much back now.

It's good to have you with us. You'll find us one of the most friendly forums around.

Don't be shy, get involved in the many discussions and start new threads or ask questions, our community really thrives on fresh material posted up and we all contribute to help make this site what it is today.

Enjoy your time on here, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and be sure to start up a project thread and keep us updated on your car project as it evolves and comes together.

Cheers Obi, appreciate the welcome:)

Pump Duse engine codes are ATD=100 AJM=115, ASZ=130 and ARL=150 in the mk4 golf

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back