views on..

steve09

Track Warrior
Car
Honda NSR 125R
what is the general views on a honda civic 3dr hatchback. its a 1.4i
i know that i will have to thrash it to get it to go fast but as a first car that i have driven on the road after test (had a few before, bought cheap. cleaned up made to look good then sold for a bit of profit)
anywho, how sturdy are the engines to tune. i.e just wack a 'super' in there from a mini cooper (the eaton m45) an maby do a few other little things.

i had a 5dr civic in the 1.4 and it wasnt too bad, you dont really have to thrash it as its non vtec so theres no major increase in power at a certain point, but the engines do like to sing.

Unsure about the supercharger idea as i think the engine already runs around 10.1 :1 compression. might get away with a very low boost.
induction kit did nothing for mine other than noise, decat the same increased throttle response a bit but nothing special

warning thou
wife had a 1.4 rover 25 and it was cheaper for me to insure, by quite a bit, than my civic. both are pretty much the same 90ish bhp

yeah i know about the rover but i didnt really want one cos well.... its a rover :blink: plus they dont really give the image im looking for.
if i was to lower the compression to say..... 9.5:1 or 9:1 .i would be able to run higher boost levels from the super wouldnt I? other than a super/turbo.

ummm..... its the 1996 P reg one. not to good with honda MK's an gens :/

its this one

Last edited:
up to mebe about 1500 to 2000 if the Modifications give a good enough gain.
will be doing most of the work myself so really its just for the price of bits and mabye a couple of hours of labour to be helped out by my cousin (a mechanic)
well... tis either that, or get a mk1 1999 focus 2L for the same insurance group. mebe one higher. an 8.
then i wont have to do as much modding to it an will be able to make it 4wd :) but i perfer the looks of the civic :]

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back