Torque Cars

Vectra - which induction kit

Discussion in 'Vectra' started by alba1314, 18 February 2009.

1. alba1314

alba1314 Newbie

Car:
    vectra 18ls
    :D hi all. can you help i have a vectra c 18i. ls is there a eny point puting an induction kit on. if so which one.

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    Re: hi to all

hey and welcome mate.
    to be honest nope, best idea would be to get a panel filter as this would give you a gain throught the whole rev range whereas the induction kit will move the power up the range.

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I'd get the head gas flowed and ported and a good exhaust system if i were you. A fast road cam will also help.

Are you happy with the handling? Which interior does yours have? The leather?

4. jonnyb

jonnyb Tuner

romsey
    Car:
    astra 1.4
    hello m8 if i was you i would go for the wolf race induction kit boost the bhp by 10bph

5. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    10Bhp are you sure? Thats alot of gains just from an induction kit.

6. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    yeah maybe with an exhaust, think somebodys been reading the claims.
    its amazing what a block of ice on the inlet manifold can do

7. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
  8. broomy1984

broomy1984 Full member

Car:
    Vauxhall Astra
    I've heard good report about the simota closed induction kits on the astras, not sure if they fit the vectra too tho

9. astra17

astra17 Wrench Pro

Car:
    pug 306 xsi 2.0 8v
    i had a simota induction kit on my 2litre vectra and although you didnt get much noise from it until you put your foot down but i did notice the difference would recomend them as i am looking to get another one for my pug 206

10. j3ffy

j3ffy Full member

cernarfon gwynedd
    Car:
    astra mk5 16i club
    With an exhaust system you should see a change with a cold air induction as i did on my astra.

11. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Pipercross induction kits sound the nuts on Vectra's.

12. louisturfrey

louisturfrey Newbie

England, Lichfield
    Car:
    MG ZR 105
    I have a Vectra 2.2 Auto (53/C model - pre facelift) and it goes like a rocket. 8.8 to 62 (rolling road test) 158bhp. Doesn't look like there are any mods to anything other than the shocks and there is a Pipercross air filter. I got it second hand like this. Not bad for a car that has nearly 89k on the clock. I think that maybe the gearbox has been tuned, but I have no way of telling.

I would stick with a better air filter and maybe get uprated shocks and springs at a later time. Mine is the elegance model and doesn't seem to be lowered but it holds the road better than my old modified MG-ZS which is also excellent.

Don't go mad modifying alloys. Standard 17" are great but bigger increases mass, reduces performance. Unless you go for super light versions.

A better air filter is a cheap option and may improve MPG too. I get 28.5 average, 48 on motorways.