vectra 2.5 v6 engine prob poss

mad4vauxhall

Car
v6 2.5 vectra sri
Hi all

I recently bought a sri v6 on a t plate, lovely car but there has been a few teethin probs.

1) heater not really workin that well takes ages for the car heater to get warm although the temp gauge is off of the blue.(thinking clogged matrix?)

2)Seems to me to have a very highly pressurized system when engine is at 91 degrees or there abouts, (doesnt seem to get any hotter than this think 95 is the hottest). The reason i say this is as if i squeeze the top hose its well, almost rock hard, and just after i squeeze the hose the idle seems to play up a little? .. Was fearing it could be the head gasket ( although no normal signs 'ie water loss, yucky white deposits on dipstick/cap first thing in the morn etc) So while it was running i took the cap off there and then ( SLOWLY ) And used the block test kit on it, that i have. Readings were normal?

My question is. it this normal for the pressure to be this high in the water system, (could it need a new stat? ) and what would be causing the strange idle, ( as if one cylinder started to sound different 'from the exhaust note that is' , not your normal chug chug sound when a cylinder has dropped though almost like a miss if you know what i mean) I have cleaned the idle valve as it was a week ago making the car idle at 1500 rpm but thats fine now....
Still fearing a creeping head gasket, 'well i not long had the car, (2 weeks). ( although the test i performed say not)
Otherwise she runs sweet as..

please help,
i will Be much appreciated on any help that can be given:)

Thanks..

Hi mate and welcome to Torque Cars. I would agree that there may be some crap caught up in your heater matrix, so all you need to do is remove the main feed and the main return water pipes from the header tank, shove a hose in the return pipe (to give a revers flow) this should shoot out any crap and if the problem is still there then you may have a faulty matrix.

As far as the temp of the car goes that is perfect running temps. The pressure is normal with these engines as they tend to run alot of pressure. My Vectra GSi used to feel like the pipes were solid after a run but it was all normal ;)