Vauxhall Astra GTE 1989

vr1066

Torque Junkie
Hi guys n gals,

I've posted this on the for sale page but thought I would post it as a fine example of someone who's looked after their car and has taken pride in preserving it.

Just wanted to post a link to my friend eBay auction were he's selling his 1989 Vauxhall astra gte 16v. Have a read thru his description and see what u think.

I can confirm this car is in great condition, a lot of time and effort has been spent on keeping that way.

Anyway even if ur not buying have a look let me know what u think.

Cheers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/astra-gte-16v

Hi vr1066, Nice car that, and its a pre catalytic converter 16v too which is even better.

Its a good description but I would personally re-word this bit
The car is Mot'd until May this year but I do not know of anything that it will fail on.
To me this suggests that your friend has no idea if this will pass another MOT if not and would make me wonder if that is the reason for selling. Perhaps "The car is Mot'd until May this year, and to my knowlege should pass the next one".

But other than that its all good. I quite fancy that actually but I think Jo would kill me if I bought something else home. :lol:

hehehe cheers mate.

I think what he meant to say is that there shouldn't be anything for it to fail on. His bro's a mechanic and had check it out before he put it up. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'll drop my mate a text and let him know.

waynne said:
Tell her its a Christening present for "Baby"! :lol:

Yeah, I'm not too confident that would work. :lol:

Your welcome. Ebay is a funny place to sell things, and a sale can depend alot on how you word the description.

For sure man.

I called and told him.

I think he's going to see if he can edit it once he's able to get back online.

I like wayne's suggestion.

If u got kids u could always buy it as a mothersday present, show how intelligent the kids are. "look, they managed to buy a car and use our credit car...amazing...I love u" :p