Torque Cars

Uprated clutch for X30XE V6

Discussion in 'Vectra' started by Shonky, 31 August 2010.

1. Shonky

Shonky New member

Wales
    Car:
    V6 Ka, 318is
    Hi, does anyone know where can I get an uprated clutch to take 350 ft lbs. for the X30?

Cheers

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    tried sachs ?

3. BAD63R

BAD63R Authorised Trader

Cornwall
    Car:
    MG TF135
    What gearbox are you usung mate. That will give the answer as it will need to suit the gearbox you have.

4. Shonky

Shonky New member

Wales
    Car:
    V6 Ka, 318is
    The performance one then list on their website won't take anywhere near it but I'm emailing as many companies as I can to see what the best solution is

5. Shonky

Shonky New member

Wales
    Car:
    V6 Ka, 318is
    FWD F23 cable shift (It's not in an Omega or Vauxhall for that matter lol), I think the 238mm 2.6 fits but I'm not 100%, I bought a second hand uprated LUK clutch for it but checking with them directly they don't do uprated ones now just OE

6. Z80

Z80 Newbie

New Caledonia
    Car:
    Vectra GTS 2.2 DTi
    Hi !

LMFVauxhall sells modified Sachs clutches and flywheel kits, but they're mostly aimed at turbo-diesel models (they still need a dual mass flywheel in order not to destroy the gearbox).

(Removed URL link as per our T&C's)
    New members with less than 10 posts are not allowed to post up any URL links or photos, this helps to deter spammers! Thanks for your understanding buddy.

Petrol models can use a reinforced and lightened solid flywheel, I know there are at least ones for Astras, so you should find some for the Veccy.

Sachs clutches are also considered as stronger, even unmodified OEM.