Torque Cars

upgrated fuel pump

Discussion in 'Engine questions' started by Greg1990, 11 June 2019 at 15:46.

1. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Hi everyone..I’ve been doing a few mods to my 2007 Volvo S40 2.0d ie hybrid turbo,Nissan skyline GTR intercooler,DPF/EGR delete,stainless exhaust and K&N filter...Managed to find an uprated 3.1 bar map sensor which was for a Ford Fiesta 1.6TDCI believe it or not..lol..We’ve managed to get 200BHP but we are being stopped making more power due to the high pressure fuel pump...it’s maxing out after 4000RPM..does anyone know of a replacement pump that will give me more fuelling?...any advice would be greatly appreciated..

2. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    My email says I have a reply to this thread but I can’t see it?..

3. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    My email says I have a reply to this thread but I can’t see it?

4. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    The only fuel pump I know of is Walbro, cos they are highly recommended for upgraded Scoobies. Might be worth a look.

Greg1990 likes this.
  5. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    FYI it might not just be the pump. How are the injectors fairing? Running with room to spare or maxing out?
    What about the lines? In good condition and not losing any fuel anywhere?

6. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    It’s diesel lunchmoney...I’ve no fuel leaks and the injectors were running well below tolerance...when we get above 4000RPM the pump can’t provide enough pressure to the common rail?...was hoping there would be a direct replacement upgrade but no one seems to know of one?..going to ring round a few diesel pump reconditioners to see if they can do a hybrid pump so to speak...