Torque Cars

Upgrading GTI... :)

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by luwegi, 4 August 2010.

1. luwegi

luwegi Full member

UK Plymouth
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 53 Reg
    I've not been on here for some time. mainly because i have been working so much! but anyhow, I had a 1.1 and although i know it was silly to do things to it (engine wise) i modified it anyway for the fun, and you guys still supported me. lol I'm now about to switch for the 206 gti 138. Please can someone list an ideal spec upgrade (parts) that will push the bhp, with an end approximate figure?
    Much appreciated guys!
    :)

2. MasterAuron

MasterAuron Very Senior Member

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    Isn't there a GTi 180? :blink:

3. luwegi

luwegi Full member

UK Plymouth
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 53 Reg
    Yeh and a massive insurance premium to go with it. And the 138 block is lighter, and is more tuneable. I was just wondering if someone could list performance parts options...

4. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Indeed it is,

you bought the better of the 2, brake upgrade would be a good start, the 180 brakes are a good upgrade,

engine wise, cams, itbs the usual stuff really,

turbo charging is good on these engines if you have th know how and find someone who can map it properly and supercharging also worth upgrading to 265 cams as the standard ones in that engines are really mild, 250 bhp should be achievable on standard compression and internals, lower the compression and more power can be added up to about 400 (yes that much)

this is just general really, I can discuss more in depth when you know what you want from the car really,

there's really no point in chasing number if you aren't going to use them, just bare that in mind

5. pug206

pug206 Wrench Pro

deal, Kent
    Car:
    pug 206 GTI
    i also have a 206 gti (138) and am looking at tunning it up but not got the money to get turbo conversion and wanting to get about 200BHP out of it what can i do to it to get that without turbo or supercharger coversion

6. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Cams really, but the cost of cams you're better going turbo. If you can DIY then a turbo conversion is actually quite cost effective

7. pug206

pug206 Wrench Pro

deal, Kent
    Car:
    pug 206 GTI
    ok thanks what would i be looking at for a turbo conversion thanks

8. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    it depends mate, there tonnes of options,

Look up DP engineering, they turbo PUGs all the time...