uno turbo on a punto

bengi86

Car
PUNTO ELX 16VALVE
i was wondering the other day if i could put a turbo from a fiat uno onto a punto,,,would it work as it is the same manufactuer??,,or if not is there another turbo i could fit onto my fiat??,,or any other way i could turbo up my car?? without swapping over the engine to say a gt,,any suggestions please as i really wana make the car faster as it is only a 1.3,,,,

Have a read of our article on Turbos, http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/adding-turbo.php There is quite a lot to adding a turbo. If you don't want to mod the rest of the engine then you will have to run with some low boost. Superchargers are often easier to fit.

You will also need to increase the fuelling and timing to cope with the extra air/fuel requirements of a forced induction engine.

thanks for the info,,would i also need to increase the fuelling and timing if i was to fit just a supercharger?or is that why it is "easier"

The more air you force in the more fuel you have to match this with. You need to maintain the magic ratio of fuel/air for combustion to take place. Both a turbo and supercharger would need uprated fuelling depending on how much boost you are running, it is the amount of extra air that is the factor.

Superchargers are linear wheras turbos produce increasing power to revs therefore the superchargers are easier to map and are more predictable.

HI Bengi,

To fit a turbo or supercharger requires not only work but calculations, nine times out of ten we need to fit larger injectors/secondary injectors,
Best way i would do it is to do an engine swap making your life easier and cheaper,

Many thanks