Twin Turbo Legacy vs newer Legacy

Eclaire

Wrench Pro
Car
Daihatsu Storia
Havent posted since my VR-4 got wrecked. Been busy with moves and all, but Im finally looking to buy my replacement car. Im looking at getting a Legacy, but I am trying to decide between the older Twin-turbo B4 and the newer Single turb B4. Both would be the JDM model 2.0 liter engine. Looks wise I prefer the newer one, but it also costs about twice as much. Cost wise, I may have no choice but the older model... any thoughts on the matter?

In a related note, I took the coilovers, BOV, ECU, Boost Controller, and a few other parts from my Legnum. I know the ECU will obviously not be compatible, but would it be possible to use some of the other parts on the Legacy? Especially the coilovers and Boost Controller.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, meant to add this to the Subaru forum, not the Impreza one. Can I get this moved?

Chances of the coilovers fitting are slim and even if they did the damping rates will probably not be ideal
BOV and boost controller should fit but will obviouisly need resetting
I owned a twin turbo legacy before I found stageas . Was not too impressed - there was a noticeable flat spot between the two turbos which I couldnt live with plus it sounded like a tractor. (just my opinion)
Whats wrong with another vr4

Welcome back. I'd get the older one and have some money put by for interesting mods. get a good clean one with a full service history.

Sleeper -
Thanks for the info. I originally took the parts to sell and use the money to buy ones for a new car, but it would obviously be cheaper to just use them as is if it were possible. I read about the flat spot in the turbo as well. Something to consider. Id consider a new VR4 too, but they are a bit harder to find. I may still go that direction though.

Waynne -
Thanks a lot! Thats what I am considering. I like the looks of the newer one better, but having the money to mod it and all would be nice as well. Considering VR4s, Stageas, Skylines etc, but the area I live in would be tough without 4wd, so that kinda limits my choices..