Turtle wax problem!

Lee_PC007

Hey everyone a few months back I turtled waxed my car was well pleased with it. I have a black SXi corsa 51 plate. This is my first car and me being slightly inexperienced allowed the tutle wax to go on my bumpers and plastic trims. I wiped it off at the end and thought nothing of it. However the marks are coming back all the time and I have the odd white patch in places, its not massively obvious but its annoying. We have tried blasting it off with a high power jet wash and scratching it with a nail brush but it just keeps coming back! Anyone got any tips on getting rid of it for good or have I ruined it!? :(

I've had that problem - the spray on and wipe off polish is a nightmare. It will fade with time but using a back bumper polish will help. Don't use the silicone spray on stuff - get one that is actually coloured like your trim (either grey dark grey or black - most cars come under dark grey! :wink: )

Washing up liquid is also good at stripping off wax so you might also want to try that! (Dont scratch it off though or you will permenantly damage it!)

dont scratch it what ever you do it will look terrible :shock: , you could try auto glym vinyl and rubber care i found that quite good , the worst case have you could have the bumper painted if it bugs you that much, i had all the plastic trim colour coded on my mini when i had it ,it looked great when it was done

I think I may have found the answer! I used a normal rubber you would use to rub out pencil and it seemed to take it off. However Im not optimistic as its come back before, if it does I will try one of the suggestions, thanks for your help!

i use tyre gel with a sall piece of sponge to rub it onto the plastic trim on my car. when i get to a problem area i just rub it extra hard on that portion.

:idea: i have noticed that putting tyre gel on the bumper, lubricates it enough to not pull paint off other peoples bumpers if i do touch them accidentally or vice versa.

PS, thanks for te rubber tip, it seems like a really good idea :idea: