Turkish Taxi Drivers

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
have just returned from a conference in Turkey and have never had so many borwn trousers moments in one day. The taxi drivers are completely insane, regretfully i ended up sitting in the front at one point and after the initial excitement of going flat out through very narrow cobble stone streets on near vertical inclines (all a bit James Bond like esp when we told the driver to "follow that taxi"), it all got a bit out of control.

The traffic was completely snarled up so the taxi proceeded to drive the wrong way up one way streets full of pedestrians, beeping the horn going flat out. even if someone was in the way they just dont slow down and expect them to move. damn scary - at least the lamb was nice.

driving is so much worse than in Vietnam just because they have the feet nailed to the floor.

having recently come back from turkey myself i can vouch that the taxi and bus drivers are complete nutters!!

happy_face_scared_hg_clr.gif

Last edited:
have just returned from a conference in Turkey and have never had so many borwn trousers moments in one day. The taxi drivers are completely insane, regretfully i ended up sitting in the front at one point and after the initial excitement of going flat out through very narrow cobble stone streets on near vertical inclines (all a bit James Bond like esp when we told the driver to "follow that taxi"), it all got a bit out of control.

The traffic was completely snarled up so the taxi proceeded to drive the wrong way up one way streets full of pedestrians, beeping the horn going flat out. even if someone was in the way they just dont slow down and expect them to move. damn scary - at least the lamb was nice.

driving is so much worse than in Vietnam just because they have the feet nailed to the floor.

did you see any sheep/lambs in turkey?? it was more likely a kid;)