Turbonator

Wouldn't put it on my car if you gave it to me! Sorry but these things irritate the hell out of me

more efficient than any turbocharger, supercharger, blower, or intercooler

Hows that then. A turbo or supercharger spins faster with the engine revs providing more boost at higher rpm. All the turbonator does is create a vortex making the air turbulant as it travels into the intake system. This turbulance will be removed by the curve of the intake manifold, which is designed to smooth the airflow as it enters the engine.

the Turbonator can add up to 35 horsepower to your vehicle.*

It 'can' but it won't.

Turbonator users have reported MPG increases from 10 to 22 percent

That would be because of the restriction in the intake reducing the amount of air/fuel entering the cylinders.

Also, have you noticed they don't ever show you dyno results for this type of thing? Can't imagine why.

Hummmmm, seemed abit to good to be true, I've seen alot of these sorts of things floating about on the net recently, this is the only one that seemed remotely convincing, until now.

Cheers anyway

In a word, no. Again it claims it can give you up to 30bhp but in all reality, it wont. When you used forced induction on an engine (i.e. turbo or supercharger), the charger unit will have to work harder and spin faster to maintain boost at high revs as the engine will be using more air/fuel. These electric thingies will only spin at one speed. This would cause the electric supercharger to either lack boost pressure at high revs, or over boost at low revs. Thats ignoring the fact that one of these would have to spin up at an astronomical rate to provide enough boost to make any difference at 1000rpm.

Basically, if it goes between your air filter and throttle, and is not driven by the engine in one way or another, it probably won't work.

The old addage you get what you pay for applies here. If manufacturers could add that much power to a car for so little money they would do it ;)

of course it adds 35 hp to a car same way as a induction kit add 10bhp to a 1.1
i did look at this as well a couple of years ago and went down the same way as waynnes said that if it was that great wheys it not standard as you could switch it on and off.
only thing is i wished id thought about that before i bought a ecotech valve

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back