Turbo Problem :/

al3xblack

Car
Volvo 850 2.5 TDI
Im not sure this is the right place for the Topic but here is the problem.The turbine wheel of my turbo is kinda smashed so i need advice shoud i recycle that turbo or buy new one.If i shoud buy new what size and brand shoud i choose.The car is Volvo 850 2.5 TDI and the original turbo is Turbolader KKK K24-7200.

The GT30R is a good option, it spools faster than the K24 and will make more power how much more depends on the mapping and fuelling. The GT28R is also a good option, probably better suited for road use.

Both will require an uprated FMIC, revised downpipe & exhaust mods etc...

There are some hybrid options around as well which uprate the internals. Much depends on where you want the power. Generally more peak power means more lag and a worse bottom end.

Thanks for the advice i got the original turbo for free from a friend 2nd hand ofc not new and i will put it till i choose the best option.

Regards, Al3x :p

IF the compressor wheel has come in contact with the housing you can have it machined to fit a larger higher flowing wheel and have the shaft bearings replaced along with a 360 deg thrust bearing.

Hmm he said its not the original its true that Volvo 850 2.5TDI goes with K14 which is a bit smaller.I have no idea why mine have K24 because everything is stock.

I could up a pic of the problem if i had an idea how to do it :D
You can only upload pics and post links when you've hit the 10 posts limit and had your account upgraded. You can also upload an avatar then as well. We had to do this to deter spammers but you are pretty much there now. Just a few more posts to go!

K24 is normally found on the S60R and V70R, so a turbo with 350bhp potential, very much overkill for a 2.5tdi.